• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Fastener size list

draco_1967

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey all,
I am trying to put together a tool kit for my NCX, and without the factory tool bag, it's a little harder to know what I would need for basic maintenance on the road.

Those of you who have already delved into the NC a bit (Lee:D), what are the wrench/spanner and hex key sizes needed?

You can get most of the hex bolts with 8, 10, 12, and 14. Some of the 8mm screws are deep set and would require a socket with an extension or a nut driver rather than an open end wrench. Honda seems to avoid the odd sizes. Most of the body screws are 5mm but there are a few 6mm screws. Since a hex key set is small, I'd carry the set. Getting the front wheel off requires a 17mm hex key. Some people carry a short piece of hex stock that can convert either a box end wrench or a 17mm socket into a hex wrench. I'll have to get the rear axle nit sizes for you when I go to my shop in a few minutes. You' need them for a rear tire change or chain adjustment.

Last edited:
The rear axel is 27mm on the right and 22mm on the left, correct? And 17mm Allen for the front axel.

Back