• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Information Fall trip to Kickstand Lodge NC.

Therapy

Reaction score
Visit site
The boys and I are planning a trip to NC and will be staying at Kickstand. I plan to be there on Oct. 6 or 7. I am bringing the toy hauler and the bikes and the working class will come up on the 9th. They will have to go back to working and I may stay till Oct. 18.

If anyone else can swing it, come on over!

I saw Bobby (Mo was sleeping as she is the night owl) a couple of weeks ago and the 18th is the last day of the season for them. Not surprisingly it has been a slow painful season for them.

hmm, I may swing over on the 9th and head back on the 11th....depends on the weather (I ride and dont have any means of hauling). I have been itching to get to the Smokies this year....Depends on how next week goes....been working from home but been busy working from home.....

Hmm. This is very tempting. However it would be my third trip to the Smokies since the beginning of September. Not that it would be a bad thing, but each trip is 1200 miles round trip, plus the riding in the Smokies. Maybe it does make sense, since the first trip I had the Goldwing, the current trip I have the 250 Rally, and on the next trip I could bring the NC700X. davidc83, maybe we could ride down together? I'll need to see if I could make it happen or not.

I am not going to make it....Remnants of Hurricane Delta is forecasted to dump 3" of rain in Ky on Sunday....I have ridden in monsoons before (had no choice then) and I would have to ride thru all that rain thru Ky to get home...now if I was retired to Florida (going to be the plan in less than a year) I would...the ride/drive south on Sunday looks to be sunny and warm...

I'm out, too. Sorry. Lots going on. Have a two day motorcycle trip Friday-Saturday, mountain bicyling Sunday, scooter riding and possibly boating Monday, reservations for RV camping next weekend.

Wish I could go. Haven't been to kickstand on a bike in years. Heart problems, shoulder replacement and now covid have prevented me from going. I did ride through back in March with my wife. We went and spent a few days in Bryson City for our anniversary. I took her down the dragon in the SUV.

Well, we had a few good days. A bit chilly but we did not ride below 45°. We are not geared for that. It was above 50° soon. Whew. Saw all the colors up high on the Cherohala Skyway. In and out of the clouds. Mostly out though so it was good.
I rode a couple of days in what I call the suburbs of Franklin and Robbinsville. Lots of interesting homes. Lots of Toyota Tacomas. Lots. My son has one with 175k mi. on it and wondered what they were all doing. They had dog boxes and were hunting bear.
The lodge was pretty empty. A few small (2-4) groups over the week and one or two singles. End of the season that Bobby said was pretty slow. They are off to hopefully find a cold-capable trailer so they did not have to stay so far south during their six months off.
He said it will be later than usual when they open next year. Memorial day.
No pics now. I phone won't work to move pics to PC. It used to. ???

Glad it worked out for you, Therapy. I had some good times in that area this fall, too. Unfortunately, my timing just didn’t line up with yours. I hope we can have a get-together next spring.

Glad you were able to make the trip. Hope Bobby and Mo make out ok. I really want to get back up there.

Back