• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Failure to signal

Bcsmith

Reaction score
Visit site
So Friday I was riding on the highway, I had just turned right at the intersection and the traffic was heavy. When I came to the next intersection two cars in front of me used the turning lane to hang a right hand turn. I accelerated past them to continue through the intersection as the light turned yellow. There were cars stopped coming the other way waiting to make a left hand turn. They waited for me to clear the intersection before making their turn. That is when I noticed I had left my right hand turn signal on since I turned onto the highway. My hat goes off to those cager’s who were alert enough to realize I had left my turn indicator on by mistake. With all those that think all bikers get disrespected by cars I thought I would post my story. I am here today due to the actions of the person driving that car. I am usually attentive rider but I am not perfect and mistakes can happen. Happy to be on the top side of the sod today

So Friday I was riding on the highway, I had just turned right at the intersection and the traffic was heavy. When I came to the next intersection two cars in front of me used the turning lane to hang a right hand turn. I accelerated past them to continue through the intersection as the light turned yellow. There were cars stopped coming the other way waiting to make a left hand turn. They waited for me to clear the intersection before making their turn. That is when I noticed I had left my right hand turn signal on since I turned onto the highway. My hat goes off to those cager’s who were alert enough to realize I had left my turn indicator on by mistake. With all those that think all bikers get disrespected by cars I thought I would post my story. I am here today due to the actions of the person driving that car. I am usually attentive rider but I am not perfect and mistakes can happen. Happy to be on the top side of the sod today
It takes a wise man to recognize their own mistakes and a stronger man to correct them.

Been there, done that. I try to keep my thumb over the turn signal to remind me to turn it off. I'm coming from a Goldwing which had auto cancel signals so have to force myself to turn them off. Glad they gave you space even with the indicator on.

Isn't the newer NC's self-cancelling?
Not in the USA.

I still use hand signals most of the time--dont depend on drivers to see the flashers
Excellent. It’s hard to not know or to forget when your hand signal is “on”. The reason it would cancel too early is if your arm got tired.

I’m not sure drivers are even familiar with hand signals anymore. Better to keep both hands on the grips ready for evasive maneuvers.

“Officer I thought he was waving or pointing for me to go in front of him, that’s why I pulled out in front of him.”

Yes dduelin - I agree.
I see some HD riders that do the barely raised hand and point for their turn, but I'd agree, a vast majority of drivers do not know the hand signals.

I am paranoid about this sort of thing as posted by the OP. As a result I am forever checking the button for cancellation. I suspect that because of this my turn signal switch will be worn out before its time.........:(

I am constantly riding with my signal on and so many times I have thanked God that the drivers either ignored me or were too distracted to notice. Riding 42 years now and I still do it frequently. The curse of ADD.

I've done it so often, on my ZG1000 I ran a 120 decibel alarm off of the signals to let me know it was still on. I can't hear it on the expressway. Some guys were running LED's at the top of their windscreen so the indicator was in their field of vision.

When I saw the ST2 on this thread, I ordered it before I let myself rethink it. I ordered it so fast I gave them my work email instead of my personal email. They're offering 30% off of their ebay/Amazon price.

I've done it so often, on my ZG1000 I ran a 120 decibel alarm off of the signals to let me know it was still on. I can't hear it on the expressway. Some guys were running LED's at the top of their windscreen so the indicator was in their field of vision.

When I saw the ST2 on this thread, I ordered it before I let myself rethink it. I ordered it so fast I gave them my work email instead of my personal email. They're offering 30% off of their ebay/Amazon price.
Do you have the code for the 30% discount? Thanks in advance! I’d like to add one to both the NC and my Xmax.

I have the best self canceling device and it only cost me nothing.
The saying if you do a thing for 21 days it becomes habit.
After every turn I cancel my signal with - wait for it- my left thumb!
AND just like every device its not perfect, but 99.98% of the time it is.

Was it east to install on your NC???

Back