• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Evitek G6 H4 LED headlight bulb installation

Update: I went back and reinstalled my led headlight bulb using the order of install dduelin explained (so much easier this time!). My bulb was slightly off before, hence the weird light pattern at the top. It is now correct and looks just like the Evitek (but I paid more for mine).

Dave, any reports (perhaps from your ST group) on how these particular LEDs work with a modulator? Do they go bright/dim per the regulations, or do they go bright/off?
I went back and read recent posts on modulation and the answer seems to be that these are On-Off and not modulated. Some users use them anyway.

Any issues or concerns regarding the cooling fan on the back of the bulb getting wet. I have one in front of me and am considering giving it a try.

I asked about that in a different thread and the response was that the fans were okay in the rain.

So I installed my evitech LED headlight on Friday and today is the first time I rode to work with it. Slight improvement on seeing normal objects farther away but almost double the distance on anything reflective (street signs, animal eyes broken down vehicles) it also puts more light to the sides (being able to see animal eyes in the ditch next to the road) I haven't adjusted the angle yet so I'm going to play with that, nobody seemed bothered by the light. Not the wow that's impressive I was hoping but a good improvement for the price and it makes me more visible at the very least (that white light is allot more noticeable then the original) I also installed the Phillips LED tail light bulb I posted a link to, it's red not white and no brighter then the original bulb. I'll post when or if either fail

how do you like the light for driving around?

I had an LED from tripageLED in my bike for a while, I had it in a Suzi TU250x previous to this bike. I felt it worked well in the Suzi, but the light looked "hollow" when in the NC, in that you could see street signs blocks away lit up, but it still seemed dark in front of you. I ended up swapping it out for an HID which is probably overly bright, and sprays a "halo" around the light that shines on everything, but man does it light up the road. Tried the high beam on an open highway one morning early, and felt like Zeus in his chariot.

how do you like the light for driving around?

I had an LED from tripageLED in my bike for a while, I had it in a Suzi TU250x previous to this bike. I felt it worked well in the Suzi, but the light looked "hollow" when in the NC, in that you could see street signs blocks away lit up, but it still seemed dark in front of you. I ended up swapping it out for an HID which is probably overly bright, and sprays a "halo" around the light that shines on everything, but man does it light up the road. Tried the high beam on an open highway one morning early, and felt like Zeus in his chariot.
the Zeus comment is hilarious. It sounds like you probably needed to lower your headlight when you tried the LED. I lucked out my headlight is sitting close to perfect, the LED works well for me I would like a little more solid throw though, I'm going to try lowering my headlight a little and see if that helps, but it is already a improvement.

Rippen, did these work for you?
The LED fit perfectly in my 2012 NC700X. The LED is red not white and it isn't any brighter than the stock bulb. Did you order the 1157? Because that is what I got and it fit perfectly and is working as it should

Hey DDuelin, next time I am in Florida (probably sometime around Thanksgiving), I need to come over to Jacksonsville and meetup with you so I can see your setup with the headlamp. By the way, how did you end up with the hurricane? hope you didn't have any damage.

Now that I have the evitech LED installed on my motorcycle I would like to compare it to somebody with the cyclops LED in the same housing

The LED fit perfectly in my 2012 NC700X. The LED is red not white and it isn't any brighter than the stock bulb. Did you order the 1157? Because that is what I got and it fit perfectly and is working as it should

The package said 1157 but they sure behaved more like 1156

So I wanted to report back about how the Evitek G6 H4 headlight has worked so far. So I've ridden in the rain, fog and cloudy pitch black and the light has preformed perfectly not a single hiccup and is a slight overall improvement over the stock light. I think it's more about the color (or lack of color) of the light rather then the brightness or throw, good cheap upgrade

The Evitek G6 H4/9003 LED bulb is a plug and play replacement for the OEM 60/55 watt halogen bulb. It's available on Amazon for $43-$45 for a pair. This bulb has been installed in some ST1300s including mine and demonstrates a good tight beam pattern with a pure bright white light. I will report back after some night riding on the NC700X but in the ST1300 it's a very good light pattern, does not provoke flashing from oncoming traffic, and is noticeable brighter and projects further. On my bikes the white light output matches the LED accessory lighting on either side and below. It's very bright to oncoming motorists in the daytime. What separates the Evitek G6 from other LED headlight bulbs is the two spoon shaped shields on either side mounted below the LED chips. The shields give a sharp cut-off of the light pattern and reduces scatter and glare.

The bulbs have a ballast or control box that has to be zip tied out of the way after the three-pin plug is connected to the stock headlight bulb connector. The bottom of the bulb is an enclosed 5,000 rpm fan to cool the bulb. The fan is like the ones in laptop computers.

The three tabs that orient the bulb in the stock headlight reflector. Most aftermarket H4/9003s have the bottom two tabs at 120 degrees and have to be removed or bent backwards so the bulb can fit in the OEM reflector. These fit perfectly with no modification.

Before picture. The light output of this stock bulb looks yellow after adding LED accessory lighting. It was/is always yellow but the LED Mondomoto lights contrast white and highlight the yellow halogen output. The yellow cast is best seen on the beak under the light. While yellow it's no different from other halogen lighting of the last 15-20 years. The NC700X has a good stock headlight and I was never unhappy with it in the last 45,000 miles but with the advent of affordable and good LED lighting it was time to upgrade to LED.

With the lighting in my garage it is difficult to see how white LED white is. The white light on the beak shows it:

The Evitek G6 H4 LED looks good but are $109 for a pair on Amazon, not $43-45. Am I missing something? Any other alternative that fits without having to cut the protective rubber boot?

Cheers,

T.

At least you didn't cut up the boot which some people do because they can't get it over the fan assembly. Next time you'll know how and it will be a breeze.

I know the vertical adjustment on my ST1300 has a very fine thread and it takes a train load of turns to make meaningful changes but I was hoping 1, then 2, then 4 would work. I've had a long day so I'll come at it again over the weekend. Oddly, as high as the beam is no one flashed me riding around tonight.

Do you think the LED bulb fan has enough room for proper cooling if you leave the boot on?

Do you think the LED bulb fan has enough room for proper cooling if you leave the boot on?
I was able to leave my boot on and uncut, the fan is actually outside of the boot (exposed to the elements, kind of) my led and fan are still working as well as the day I put them on.
PS there's a video of the fan is completely submerged in water and still working.
I've personally ridden in pouring rain a dozen times as well as riding in over 100f temps DOZENS of times sense I installed my Evitek led

The Evitek G6 H4 LED looks good but are $109 for a pair on Amazon, not $43-45. Am I missing something? Any other alternative that fits without having to cut the protective rubber boot?

Cheers,

T.

It's possible the G6 has been replaced, so supply is drying up (They are available on Amazon Canada at $50 US)- Here's a thread on possible replacements from the ST-owners forum:
H4 LED - 2018 Evitek, F2 replaces G6
No idea on how well they fit the NC.

Back