• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Engine oil

Cavallo

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello Guys,

Got my new 2016 nc750x last month and now its due for first service. Any engine oil recommendations? What viscosity? Manual only states 10w-30. My country reaches about 38 degrees celsius in summer. Thanks

Use what the manual says. There is no reason to deviate from that.

The exception is that the service manual for the NC700X states that in addition to 10w-30, 10w-40 is also acceptable. That may also hold true for the 750 engine. So, consult an NC750X service manual to be sure, but 10w-30 or 10w-40 are probably your only two choices.

Because this can quickly become the dreaded "Oil Thread", if the thread launches into brand recommendations or deviations from OEM spec recommendations, the thread will be closed.

Last edited:
I'd like to throw in one additional point beyond what 670 said. The NC has a wet clutch so the oil must meet JASO MA standard which means it is approved for wet clutch use. The manual states this but it is easy to over look and most automotive oils don't meet the requirement.

manuals are written by engineers,who developed the product. stick with it

If oil has the "Energy Conserving label in the lower portion of the doughnut-shaped API Service" do NOT ever, ever, ever use in a motorcycle with a wet clutch (the Honda NC700/750 has a wet clutch).

Back