• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Engine light came on!

Just for the heck of it OCR, look at your negative battery cable connection, and check to see if it's on nice and tight.

Like the song says "Humble Pie - After 30 Days in the Hole" So early this morning, gave up on all the fancy computers and all those number codes. I went back to the basics that my father taught me in 1958. That learning session started with my father grabing a positive lead, and then grabing me, and knocking me half way aross the garage. See what happens when you do not do this electrical stuff right.

So, I pulled out the old meter, stated at the positive battery lead, and worked my way all the way back to the negative battery cable connection. One of the first things I should have checked was the battery connections. The negative battery cable connection was not tight. Moral is stick to the basics, and pass the next piece of Humble Pie!

While on a trip around Michigan this summer with my two sons we encountered a similar situation with my NCx that my son rides. He remembered that he had changed batteries so we decided to check the connection... it was "sorta" tight but could be cranked down a bit more. The problem of the intermittant engine light was solved.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

How does one do that?

To obtain the code, with the MIL light on and the engine running, put the NC7 into netural, put down the kick stand, and the MIL light will start flashing the code in long and short flashes. Two numbers of the code are given in flashes. Just count the number of flashes.

you might install a digital temp gauge just to rule over heating or engine to cold.
its not expencive. if youll send me a privete messege i will send you the links and instractions.
not rocket science. 10$ at ebay plus an hour to install. fits great under the original gauges.

code 85

I am coming up with 8 long and 5 short flashes on my 2011 NC700x any one experienced an 85 code before, or have access to a manual to tell me what that is? Bike still runs perfect. 11k miles

Sure your bike is a 2011?

Back