• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Electrical questions

bigbird

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I am planning to add my own (not Honda's) DC accessory socket in the frunk, add a pigtail for my CTEK battery maintainer, and hard wire my GPS to a '20 NC750X.
Without a bike in front of me and no service manual, I need some help.

1) Is there a 6 pole auxiliary power connector on the left side below the frunk where I can plug in an Eastern Beaver fuse panel kit (click on link to see what I'm talking about ----> 4CS Power Circuit Kit) ?
2) Is this 6P auxiliary power connector unpowered and just sitting empty?
3) To activate this 6P auxiliary power connector do I need to install Honda's relay and fuse into the fuse panel?
4) anything else I'm missing or better suggestions?

Thanks in advance.
Terry

Typically with the Honda accessory harness, all 12 volt outputs are switched via the accessory relay and through Honda’s 7.5 amp fuse. So if the 2020 model follows the logic of the 2012, you need to install the Honda fuse and relay in the Honda fuse block, or you will have no 12 volt signal at the 6P connector to energize Eastern Beaver’s relay.

Thank you 670cc
So that means there indeed is an unused 6P connector just sitting empty dangling by the frunk, just waiting for me to energize it by means of installing the Honda relay and fuse?

Thank you 670cc
So that means there indeed is an unused 6P connector just sitting empty dangling by the frunk, just waiting for me to energize it by means of installing the Honda relay and fuse?
I can’t answer that for a 2020 model, since my service manual is for a 2012 NC700X. One thing you can do is identify the Honda part number for the Honda accessory harness, or another accessory that requires the harness for 2020 models. Then, search for the .pdf version of it’s installation directions online. In the installation directions you will see how the harness connects and whether it is the 6P connector you are expecting.

For example, I just now searched the internet for the part number for a Honda power outlet in the frunk of a 2018. It showed up as a 08E70-MKA-D80. Armed with that kit part number, I searched found the .pdf for the installation directions http://cdn.powersports.honda.com/documentum/MW01/08E70-MKA-D80.pdf In those directions, page 4, it shows how to connect the Honda accessory harness to the 6P connector, which I believe is what you are asking about. Now these are directions for a 2018 model, but you should be able to do the same kind of search and find/confirm your answer for a 2020 model.

You could also look at the illustrated parts lisings for your model at online OEM parts sellers. Perhaps the illustrations will show the 6P connector you are looking for.

Last edited:
I have a 2020 model. The accessory power circuit will limit you on power draw.

I installed a PC-8 fuse block, connected to the battery with their Powerlink connector. That way if I ever need to jump the battery I can quickly unplug the PC-8 and connect a battery booster (bought a cable with the EC5 connector on one end and put a Powerlink connector on the other).

The PC-8 supplies power to a DIN power socket in the luggage box, auxillary lights up front, Zumo satnav, heated clothing outlet, Pro-oiler system, and Sparkbright voltage monitor to keep an eye on things. Still haven't found a 12V espresso machine that will fit on the bike.

I used the accessory circuit for a couple of things: a high-beam trigger for the Skene IQ275, and one for the PC-8.

So far all's well, electrically speaking. The bike seems to have plenty of juice.

I have a 2020 model. The accessory power circuit will limit you on power draw.
It’s true that the Honda accessory harness will limit power draw, by way of it’s small wire size and typical 7.5 amp fuse, for devices connected to the Honda accessory harness. In the OP’s scenario, I believe the accessory harness 6P connector is only being used to trigger the relay on the Eastern Beaver power harness, not to actually power the proposed add on accessories.

Thank you both for your replies.

My powered accessories will be a GPS connection and USB charging port in the frunk, so 7.5A is more than I'll ever need.
The pigtail to my heated vest will run directly off the battery.
I ordered the appropriate connector from Eastern Beaver (6P auxiliary connector with bare leads on the other end), the relay to energize the auxiliary power circuit, and 7.5A fuse, as well as a splice to the brake light circuit to add an Admore light bar.
I will splice both the frunk 12V dc plug and GPS to those bare leads.
My pigtail to the CTEK maintainer will also go direct to the battery.
I saved a fair bit of $ by not needing the 4CS fuse panel kit.
Should be good to go.
As an aside I can't believe how useless and expensive the Honda power outlet for the frunk is.
It's internally fused for 1A, and costs $191.12 CAD.
I bought a far superior outlet on Amazon for $18 CAD

Last edited:
Back