• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Electrical connections at the clutch lever...?

76Hawke

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I sat down on my bike after work today and noticed that these 2 connections at my clutch lever were disconnected. Would these have something to do with not being able to start the bike if my kickstand was down, even if I was in neutral?
Thank you

Attachments

• 0826191616.jpg
    0826191616.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 62
Sure did, and the problem was intermittent, so I don't know for sure yet.
Just wondering if anyone knew what they were for...

The bike has aftermarket levers which often do not close the contacts on the clutch interlock switch built into the clutch perch. I suspect the previous owner disconnected the clutch switch so the bike would start with the aftermarket clutch lever. The clutch lever is the problem.

The bike has aftermarket levers which often do not close the contacts on the clutch interlock switch built into the clutch perch. I suspect the previous owner disconnected the clutch switch so the bike would start with the aftermarket clutch lever. The clutch lever is the problem.

That's the problem with aftermarket parts. I've got a problem. The PO bent the clutch lever which bent the bolt & nut that it pivots on and when I ordered a new "perch" as you called it and an OEM lever I found that my existing clutch switch was not compatible with the apparently updated clutch perch so I have to order a new clutch switch. The parts pictured are the original OEM switch and perch. I'll post the new switch when I get it ordered.

Attachments

• 01_Clutch Lever.jpg
    01_Clutch Lever.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 12
  • 02_Switch Removed.jpg
    02_Switch Removed.jpg
    885.9 KB · Views: 13
  • 03_Front Lever Switch.jpg
    03_Front Lever Switch.jpg
    251.4 KB · Views: 13
Back