• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Electric Honda CB 300 based bike may be coming in the future???

melensdad

Reaction score
Visit site
Most of the electric motorcycles I see in the media are fairly high priced and have a short range. The only electric bike I've seen on the street is the expensive HD Livewire at $30,000. And while it is an impressive machine, the Livewire is a $30,000 machine with a sub-100 mile range. (and yes, I know some people have ridden them across country, following pretty strict pre-planned routes, but basically its a sub-100 mile machine that your gas powered buddies will not want you to pull up with for your next group ride).

HONDA filed patents for a CB300 based electric machine. It is very likely still going to be a sub-100 mile machine. However it appears to be using a lot of existing technology and appears to be able to benefit from mass manufacturing as many parts are from existing inventories. The CB 300 is a popular bike worldwide.

Article and drawings here --> https://www.cycleworld.com/story/bikes/honda-cb-electric-preview/

At under $5000, the CB300 is economical, and if they can deliver an electric bike at a price with not too much of a premium (say $6500 or less) it might make a very practical city/suburban commuter bike or just a fun small bike for knocking around. Might make for a great beginner bike too.

I find it oddly attractive, more so if they actually deliver it at a low price.

An electric CB300 based machine looks like a great idea. I could almost be interested in this thing.

I won’t hold my breath, as Honda has all kinds of patented ideas, but few ever make it to production. Maybe this one will; maybe it won’t.

Back