• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

EICMA 2021: Honda Hornet Concept Motorcycle Revealed

admin

Staff member
Reaction score
Visit site
Honda’s just revealed a concept bike at EICMA – and the Hornet will apparently be making a comeback.

Fascinating, to me, since there are technically multiple bikes from Honda that have sported the ‘Hornet’ moniker.

*list garnered from Wikipedia*

A side view of a Honda CB600F

We’re assuming this new concept will take after the original CB600F, though it could also be a bigger displacement variant as yet unseen in Honda’s current lineups.

A view of the new Honda Hornet concept motorcycle, featured just recently at this year's EICMA

We and MCN are gauging this based on the sights and sounds brought to us by the events of EICMA; the ultra-aggressive head (reminiscent of a KTM 890 Duke), the “accompanying sound effects around the stage suggesting it will be a revvy, mid-sized parallel-twin, complete with a quick shifter,” the “wide, flat tail reminiscent of the Honda Fireblade superbike,” and a sharp set of shoulders that beat any in Honda’s naked roadster range.

A view of the new Honda Hornet concept motorcycle, featured just recently at this year's EICMA

Be sure to check out the ‘EICMA 2021’ Category that we’ve created so you can stay up to date on the latest from the world’s most popular motorcycle show; drop a comment below, and as always – stay safe on the twisties.

The post EICMA 2021: Honda Hornet Concept Motorcycle Revealed appeared first on webBikeWorld.

Continue reading...

TBH, I'm disappointed in Honda. I could see this being a Kawasaki or Yamaha concept, but Honda has a history of going off into left field, not only with our beloved NC, but with the Honda NM4 (the bat bike), the Motocompo (the folding trunk scooter), the Pacific Coast (Let's add a literal TRUNK), and others. Even on the car side, we get things like the Element and the s2000.

When I think of other companies concept bikes, I'm thinking incremental development decisions where one or two aspects might get integrated from a bike that will never be made.

When I think of Honda concept bikes, I'm thinking engineers high on LSD coming up with crazy ideas like "Dude, wouldn't it be cool if we did this..." and executives high on meth saying "Fuck yeah! lets build it and sell it!"

I agree with LearnedButt. In post #1 first photo, the concept bike must be the hidden one in the background everyone is looking at. The yellow bike in the forground looks too normal for a Honda concept; not sure why it’s in the picture.

I read in another article the new Hornet is supposed to be a parallel twin. The bike in that picture is not a twin.

Back