• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

EBC vs OEM brake pads

I just put the EBC sintered HH pads on the back of the NC. What a difference, the rear brake actually feels like a brake now.
I researched some info on brake pad ratings, and found that one of the lowest friction types is the EE pads, the highest is HH. The pads on the rear of the NC are EE, so that explains why it did not even feel like it had a back brake at all.
So I am very happy with the change to the new pads, I know everyone has their preferences, I just wanted to share my experience.
What part number is that? the last time I ordered a set they gave me the wrong ones.

I just put the EBC sintered HH pads on the back of the NC. What a difference, the rear brake actually feels like a brake now.
I researched some info on brake pad ratings, and found that one of the lowest friction types is the EE pads, the highest is HH. The pads on the rear of the NC are EE, so that explains why it did not even feel like it had a back brake at all.
So I am very happy with the change to the new pads, I know everyone has their preferences, I just wanted to share my experience.

Put some HH pads on the front and don't even worry about that rear brake much! Lol. There's a reason bikes come with more/bigger brake components on the front vs the rear.

The front I felt worked very good, I just wanted some balance between the two, I use both the front and rear brakes. If there is a brake there, it should have some effectiveness.

What part number is that? the last time I ordered a set they gave me the wrong ones.

The ones I put on the rear of the NC are the EBC sintered, double H pads - part # FA496HH. Mine is a 2018 DCT.

Last edited:
The ones I put on the rear of the NC are the EBC sintered, double H pads - part # FA496HH. Mine is a 2018 DCT.
My NC is a 2013 standard, so I still don't know if that's the correct part number[emoji19]
Thanks for posting

for the non DCT EBC part number is FA 140 for rear and FA 196 for front. just add HH on end for the Double H pads

45,000+ miles and it's time to change the front brake pads, but the rear pads are getting close too. My riding style doesn't involve habitual tailgating and I use throttle and gear choice/engine braking to regulate speed when practical rather than hitting brakes – except to give brake light blips for traffic behind me. I don't go into hard corners too hot usually, and for any type of braking I almost always use a combination of front and rear (good habit). Sometimes I use just a bit of the rear only in corners to scrub speed so there's no nose dive and weight transfer, or in slower traffic to shed just a little, but typically it's both brakes in varying amounts to suit context of road. The front is usually doing most of the work, but the rear gives additional control in some instances, and dualsport riders quickly learn that there are two brakes with separate controls for good reason ; }

Anyway, I've been fine with the OEM pads and feel comfortable with their modulation – and I know them, so that's what I ordered for both front and back.

Back