• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

eBay Chinese Shock

Not sure how willing I am to trust my life to a $97 shock, especially as it doesn't appear to have any more adjustments than the stock shock. I'd rather pay the same for a shock of known quality, or a bit more for one with more adjustments.
Edit: nvm, I see the other adjuster knob now, still not sure I'd stake my life on it though. ;)

The spring is a progressive one while Ohlins and stock is straight rate.
Aside from that the small print of the ad says the buyer is responsible for import duties, taxes, and charges. I've bought stuff from China direct before and the package just shows up like it's from Peoria. I wonder if a buyer might get tripped up with these charges?

they typically put those progressive springs on shocks to make them "one size fits all". Since the NC is no lightweight, it is probably not too stiff. If the damper adjustment is anything like the adjustment on the shock on my cheap chinese dirt bike, its a crude adjustment, with too large a step between clicks, and a running range usually near the end of the adjustment. you can get a decent sachs (used aprilia) shock for less than that price...

This thread helps me feel better with regard to my initial hesitancy to purchase a CRF250L version of this shock.......

Honda NC700X YSS Shock Absorber (12)

I have done considerable research on them and have more or less made the decision to get one. A friend has one on his Dominator 650 for some time and is very happy with its performance. They are considerably better priced than their Ohlins and Wilbers counterparts and I can get it at the right price a little less than retail.

Back