• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

" Dual Dorks" YouTube channel

Around here you can have something on a map and listed as a road, but that all depends on if they are maintaining it, or if we have had severe weather go through. In those cases those roads look like the ones 670cc posted. So i am trying to not assume anything anymore. LOL

I think roadiness is in the eyes of the beholder. If one rider freaks out on a gravel road, to that rider it may be off road. The next rider rider might consider being off road when it turns to single track with bowling ball sized rocks and deep water crossings. It would be nice if there was a common definition for off road in order to picture what the other guy is saying, but I doubt it will ever be that way.

I like melensdad’s definition as being somewhat universal. If it’s called a vehicular traffic road, has a name or route number, and/or is on the map, it’s a road, unless it’s impassible with a street legal vehicle due to severely degraded condition.

Pictures below are roads on the map, with a road name. I consider them on-road, but the NC is not my choice for riding them.

View attachment 44450 View attachment 44451

Named or not, to me those are not roads, they are off road, and I have no desire to ride a 500 pound motorcycle on anything that resembles that. Call me a wuss, but I dont even like paved asphalt roads that dont have a painted centerline lol.

Named or not, to me those are not roads, they are off road, and I have no desire to ride a 500 pound motorcycle on anything that resembles that. Call me a wuss, but I dont even like paved asphalt roads that dont have a painted centerline lol.
There are some legitimate roads (based on my definition) that I don't think are suitable for riding on with my NCx.

There are some legitimate roads (based on my definition) that I don't think are suitable for riding on with my NCx.
Yes! The above is a key statement in this discussion. There is the definition of a road (which can be applied universally), then there is the suitability of the NC for riding a type of road. I have some local roads, even some poorly maintained major state highways that I would prefer not to ride the NC on.

Last edited:
Back