• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Doing an Oil Change, Are These the Correct Part Number?

belrix

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I will be changing the oil in my NCX soon and want to double-check I have the correct part numbers for filter and oil.

15010-MCE-H51 FILTER SET, OIL (Oil Filter and wrench)
08C35-A131L01 OIL GN4 10W30 GLLON (1 Gallon)

Thanks in advance!

belrix

Looks good to me ;)

I also bought the "filter set" when I did my very first oil change. I hadn't even known it was something sold, until the dealer asked me. I was wondering what I was going to do, after being on the forum for awhile and reading about the gorilla tight oil filter. I felt confident that the OEM Honda wrench sold with the filter would tackle the potential problem of getting it off, and it did indeed work like a charm.

In fact it worked so well, that I was under the impression that my filter had been under tightened, it came off so easily, lol

PS- find a suitable bolt that will thread into the 17mm welded on nut on the wrench, before you undo the filter. The old filter sticks inside the wrench, and you can't get it out, unless you thread in a bolt, and press it out by tightening that bolt.

Last edited:
[The old filter sticks inside the wrench, and you can't get it out, unless you thread in a bolt, and press it out by tightening that bolt.]

I've only had to do that a few times in well over 10+ years, Honda motorcycles and autos. If the old filter is not too hot to hold, you can merely tap at the rim of the filter wrench and it'll come off. If the wrench sticks to a new filter installed on the engine, what I do is turn it backwards just a hair and it'll release from the filter. All you're doing is rocking the filter wrench on the clearance without unscrewing the filter. :)

[The old filter sticks inside the wrench, and you can't get it out, unless you thread in a bolt, and press it out by tightening that bolt.]

I've only had to do that a few times in well over 10+ years, Honda motorcycles and autos. If the old filter is not too hot to hold, you can merely tap at the rim of the filter wrench and it'll come off. If the wrench sticks to a new filter installed on the engine, what I do is turn it backwards just a hair and it'll release from the filter. All you're doing is rocking the filter wrench on the clearance without unscrewing the filter. :)

Funny, I've had to do it every time so far with my NC. The fitment of (my) wrench on the filters is very tight. Maybe it's not the same for your OEM Honda wrench? Threading in a bolt is negative 1,000 on the scale of time, trouble, and effort to get the old stuck filter out of the wrench, I must say. And it leaves zero oil splatters, potential too hot to hold items, and the annoyance of tapping at something which may or may not work anyway.

I never use a wrench to tighten the new filter on. Maybe some people use a torque wrench on top of the filter wrench, but I've always just tightened them as tight as I can by hand.

I had the filter wrench stick as well. I also torqued it per the specs. In the maintenance course I took the suggestion was to tap the wrench off before removing the filter. I few taps and it got unstuck for me. I'm glad I got the wrench. Getting a tool for $5...nom nom

Back