• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Do you Fuelly?

hello, if i were 10 years younger, i'd probably be interested in doing such a thing. besides the ncx is so fuel-economical, i am too lazy to update any kind of log book. full tank is near 350km til blinking warning comes on, i look for petrol kiosk and fill her up, that's it. Good luck with your Fuelly toy thing. :D

I plan on keeping track on Fuelly when mine arrives. I wish the riders would post there speeds with each fill up.

When I run a tank though it, I will post it on fuelly. My driving style will be reported in the notes section.

hello, if i were 10 years younger, i'd probably be interested in doing such a thing. besides the ncx is so fuel-economical, i am too lazy to update any kind of log book. full tank is near 350km til blinking warning comes on, i look for petrol kiosk and fill her up, that's it. Good luck with your Fuelly toy thing. :D

I don't know what age has to do with this subject. I'm 65 and I'm interested in keeping a record.I don't use Fuelly but my wife made me a spread sheet to keep a record on. My X is used for my daily commute of 37 miles each way. Much of this is on the motorway (freeway?) which has a limit of 70MPH but speeds are more likely to be around 80-85 MPH some A roads and of course a town each end. My figures are as follows please note figures are in imperial gallons not US gallons
Worst 71.3 MPG
Best 86.19 MPG
Average 81.55 MPG

Hello
I am not as old (wise) as you (yet) and I do not track my fuel etc with 3 decimal points. I really see no point in doing that. 10 years ago, I may have done this kind of thing but not any more.

If I do get a strange fuel consumption, which I can sense without a Fuelly thing or a xls, I will know and check for mechanical reasons, etc.
Some people are interested in this topic, others (like me) say we do not. And there is no reason for you not to understand anything I write too. It is not about your age either. ( you keep bringing your age up).
:eek:

Actually you brought the subject of age Again!! when you said" hello, if i were 10 years younger, i'd probably be interested in doing such a thing".thereby suggesting it was a young persons thing. I was merely pointing out that age doesn't even come into the subject.
As this bikes Unique selling point is it's economy then it is understandable that some people are interested in the actual figures

Valid points.

However, I have other better things to do. Really. No offense intended nor aimed at you nor anyone.
You or anyone can monitor your fuel economy each time you fuel up, and post all the data for all to see.
Thanks for your effort.
:cool:

I can see why people are anal about fuel mileage and why it doesn't bother others. When I bought my GL and friend told me he got 52 mpg US like clock work.
I thought, man that's great mileage! When I got mine I got around 38-40 unless I drove like a snail at 40-50 mph, then I got 47 mpg.
We would go on a ride together and our bikes used the same amount of fuel, but he tells people his still get 52 mpg.
Now if I used the GPS the numbers were even worse because of the incorrect odometer/speedometer.(I won't even get into the alcohol in some fuel.)
Now when someone tells me what fuel mileage they get I take it with a grain of salt, because there are too many variables and some people just don't get it.
I think most people don't know there actual mpg because they probably don't even know there correct speed.
I'm going to use fuelly to let others know what my NC will get and keep notes on riding style, gas and other variables that others may overlook.

I can see why people are anal about fuel mileage and why it doesn't bother others. When I bought my GL and friend told me he got 52 mpg US like clock work.
I thought, man that's great mileage! When I got mine I got around 38-40 unless I drove like a snail at 40-50 mph, then I got 47 mpg.
We would go on a ride together and our bikes used the same amount of fuel, but he tells people his still get 52 mpg.
Now if I used the GPS the numbers were even worse because of the incorrect odometer/speedometer.(I won't even get into the alcohol in some fuel.)
Now when someone tells me what fuel mileage they get I take it with a grain of salt, because there are too many variables and some people just don't get it.
I think most people don't know there actual mpg because they probably don't even know there correct speed.
I'm going to use fuelly to let others know what my NC will get and keep notes on riding style, gas and other variables that others may overlook.

Thanks for the friendly reply, Turbo.
Stick around and you will see more postings similar to the above....stick around.

Back