• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

discount!

JimbosToys

Reaction score
Visit site
For you bargain hunters - LeatherUp.com has a deal afoot - 20% off up to $20 for a first order. Makes an $88.76 Shinko Raven 160/60ZR-17 rear $71 - a deal!
Shows up on smartphone, not on laptop?! My existing Shinko is squaring off - gonna get one in advance. Jim

Is there a coupon or promo code for the 20% off. All I see is a 10% discount code.

Is the shipping free on that Shinko tire?

Last edited:
Appears to be free shipping on all orders over $39.99. Looks like the have a great selection as well. I'll be checking them out for my future tire purchases, Thanks!! :{)

Last edited:
It came through on my phone, but not my laptop. Was a Google Express thing. Not sure how I got there, but I think they creep on your surfing and hit we with a targeted push ad.
code APRSAVE19. Never did this before, but seems legit. I bought it.

I was unable to get the 20% off coupon to work on the leatherup site, however, code BX15 did get me a 15% discount sitewide. The Shinko Raven rear was competitively priced to begin with, so it ended up as a good bargain when the discount was applied. Other tires in sizes I could use for my other machines were not competitively priced, even with the discount, so the Raven was the only tire I purchased.

Thanks, Jim, for pointing out this deal!

The only thing I've ever purchased from leatherup.com was a vintage style, leather motorcycle jacket. It was okay, but, I kid you not, the quasi - human shaped cardboard cutout thing inside the jacket was a from used, frozen pizza box, like DiGornio or something. Let's just say it did not inspire confidence in the quality of the jacket. It was made in Pakistan and really smelled weird, so much so that my wife pretty much made me donate it.

What does this have to do with a coupon for tires? Nothing. It's just a story about a leatherup jacket that still cracks me up.

Got my $75 Shinko Raven 160/60 rear tire from LeatherUp just now. Something I like about this tire design, besides it being a very low price, is that there are actually tread grooves crossing the centerline, and there are tread wear indicators at the center line. So many other tires have a smooth center, with the wear indicators off to the side. Near the end of life, your wear indicators on those other tires may look fine, but then you're suddenly surprised by cord showing down the center.

Greg - what kinda life do you get out of a rear? Do you find running other than 42psi helps? I bet I don't get 4000 miles. Of course, my sidewalls look brand new... Jim

For rear street tires on the NC, I've ran PR4s, Conti Motion, and the stock Metzeler Z8. Some tires were previously used when I installed them, so it's hard to judge, but I generally get around 8000-9000 miles out of a rear tire. Pressure is usually 40-42 PSI cold. My records may be wrong as it shows I got about 13,000 miles out of a used/patched PR4. Who knows?

I just replaced my rear Shinko Raven. I got 8,000 miles on it, could have gotten a few miles more but the wear bars were showing down the middle. Switched to a Shinko SR777, going to see how many miles I get on it. If less than 8,000-I will go back to the Raven.. I liked the Conti Motion pros for mileage, but 2 different rears cupped after a couple of thousand miles (constantly checked chain alignment and psi) and no wear bars in the middle...

Back