• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Question Different size master cylinder

Wedders

Reaction score
Visit site
I fitted a VFR clutch master cylinder for my back brake on my DCT. The back brake feels much better than the front and also seems to be stronger. I am now considering fitting a VFR front brake master cylinder the only difference I can see is it’s 14mm as opposed to the nc’s 11mm. Has anyone tried this or can offer any advice pros or cons.

Seems like a larger master cylinder over stock reduces mechanical advantage. You would have less lever travel to move the same amount of fluid, but you’d need to pull harder. If the VFR has twin front disks, that is probably why it would have a larger master cylinder than the NC‘s.

On one of my NCs, the previous owner had installed a three piston front caliper with a stock master cylinder. This gave the brake lever more mechanical advantage. Lever travel increased but the force the rider could appy to the caliper was potentially greater.

Well I’ve done it. Bought an immaculate VFR800 14mm master cylinder off eBay for £30. Fitted it today and the lever travel and firmness is the same on the front and the rear now. I haven’t road tested it yet as it’s raining and I don’t want to get wet, but I’m convinced that it is a success.

Back