• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Denali Sound bomb install

Mandalorian

Reaction score
Visit site
Thinking about buying a Denali Sound bomb for the NC. I'm tired and a little worried about drivers not being able to hear the Fweep of the stock horn. Twisted Throttle carries them.Question is: 1. Do I buy the do-it-yourself wiring kit or their Plug and Play kit.
2.Can you install the horn just by removing the wires from the stock horn and just hooking them to the Denali
3. If the Denali unit (kinda big) won't fit in the stock horn place, any suggestions where might it go. I can manufacture a bracket if need be.

1. Your call, you can buy theirs or you can piece together what you need to hook it up at any auto parts store.
2. No, you can not hook it up to the stock wiring. You will need a fused relay that is drawing its own power from a switched source.
3. Twisted Throttle now sells a bracket specifically to mount the sound bomb to the side of the NC. (Denali Auxiliary Horn Mounting Bracket for Honda NC700X '12-'14 - TwistedThrottle.com) With a little ingenuity you can put it in place of the stock horn, but honestly it ends up looking a little awkward and out of place.

Last edited:
Would anyone who has installed the Denali horn with NC specific wiring harness please email me off list? I am having difficulty with location of relay. Thanks! Gary

Ordered the Denali horn and mounting bracket, and plug and play wiring. On stock horn which wire is the positive and which is negative at the stock horn?

Well got my Denali horn in and installed to day. Got the mounting bracket and the plug and play wiring. It was real easy except for getting the screw lined for the positive wire and the ground wire. Got my wife to help with smaller hands. Man is it loud. Well worth the money!!!!

when i was looking for a LOUDER horn, the sound bomb wasn't listed at twisted throttle as yet. I got the stebil.
I separated the compressor from the horn, used a hose to connect the two together. Mounted the compressor inside of the fairing and the horn part i placed where the old horn was.
Used the wiring that twisted throttle has (plug and play). works good.

Ken

Installed mine today. If the dead can be awakened this thing is loud enough to do it. Great horn. Much louder than my Stebel tha had given up.

Used the Twisted Throttle mounting bracket. The screws with it were too short. Not even as long as stock screws and would not even engage the treads much less have enough threads engaged to hold. Just reused stock screws.

SoundBomb.jpg

Back