• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Denali DataDim Controller and Trigger Wizard Install

mtnbiker1185

Reaction score
Visit site
Has anyone installed the Denali DataDim controller on a newer bike with LED headlight?

I got everything Denali told me I needed, got it all hooked up but when I switch between high and low beam the intensity of the Denali lights stays the same. My concern is that while the headlight is ground switched, it only uses 5V and the Denali products are designed to use 12V.

Maybe this'll help ...

Maybe this'll help ...

Wow, wish I understood 1/2 of that. Hope that when I print it out and bring to my dealer they do. Based on previous Honda bikes, I haven't really found that they do unless I use all OEM parts.

Maybe this'll help ...

That does help, thank you.

The trigger wizard has an automotive style 12v 30amp SPDT relay plugged into it. In theory, I could just get a 5v version and plug it in and fix the problem. Unfortunately, the only 5v SPDT relays I can find all have PCB style pins on them instead of blade type plugs and I don't really want to run my new $400 lights off a relay that is plugged into a breadboard. I am hoping that when Denali gets back to me they either have a work around or are willing to tell me where I may be able to get a 5v version of the relay they are using.

I was able to find a 6V SPDT automotive relay switch on digikey with a must operate voltage of 4.2 volts. It comes with the base so I am hoping I can just swap out the 12V relay on the trigger wizard with this 6V relay and be in business.

Update:
After tearing apart the Trigger Wizard, I found that I didn't need a 6V SPDT relay to get it to work. I was originally under the impression that because the High Beam wire was only 5V it wasn't enough power to run the relay causing it to stay in normal condition. Once I started removing shrink wrap, I found that the two white wires on the Trigger Wizard (which are marked to be connected to a switched 12V wire) are crimped together BEFORE the relay with one going to one side of the relay coil and the other going to one side of the relay switch. The voltage of the High Beam trigger wire doesn't matter, all that matters is that it switches between having voltage and going to ground. During my troubleshooting today, I found that the posi-tap I put on the High Beam trigger wire didn't actually puncture the wire so it wasn't going to ground. Once I fixed that, everything worked as it should have. Unfortunately, I tore the whole thing apart to figure this all out.

I'll be installing these items on my 2021 this coming week. Have you been following this thread?

Back