• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Denali D2 (dual intensity) long term

kjang

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi Guys,
I have installed the Denali D2 with dual intensity on my NC700x for a while now. I always have them turned on.
When riding around its on LOW setting (50%) then when the HIGH BEAM is on the denali will go full bright (100%).

I usually ride early in the morning hours (before sun up) in the city or areas that have HIGH over head lights and I never really noticed anything. This weekend I was on my bike riding in rural areas. Approx 3:30am pitch darkness and fog situations.

The denali D2 really performs well. It penetrates the darkness with a nice WHITE light (not blue or yellow). It throws its light very far out. I really appreciate how much light it throws out.
Doesn't take much power to drive them. Been very reliable. Easy to install when you have the optional honda sub harness.

The only draw back I can say about the light is the cost, but It really does the job.

So if your considering these lights, they do a great job.

I learned another thing riding around in the wee hours of the morning.... My finger tips get numb even though I wear gloves. Now I got to figure out what I want next. Heated grips or hand guards....

Last edited:
I have the same lights.

Love them so much, I fitted a pair to the wife's bike too.
I was running the 10° reflectors on mine, but the 25° on hers.
I switched to the 25° on mine this weekend to get more light to the side of the road, rather than the twin laser beams that were cutting cars in half 3kms away :)

Where did you mount your lights? I got Optronics Platinum Burners LS204RW LED lights. I was thinking either on the forks or engine guards(Givi). I also want to wire them not with the head light but with an on /off switch. Your opinion.

Link?

-Jesse

Here

Where did you mount your lights? I got Optronics Platinum Burners LS204RW LED lights. I was thinking either on the forks or engine guards(Givi). I also want to wire them not with the head light but with an on /off switch. Your opinion.

IMG_1276.jpg
I mounted mine on the Honda lightbar.
The beauty of D2's is they are dual intensity, so wiring them to the highbeam is the only way to go.
I don't know if the lights you are looking at (I can't find that reference number) have that feature or not.
If not, then a switch should be fine (as long as it's also through the ignition)

It's best to mount on engine guard or light bar.
I'd you have the optional sub harness, that makes wiring easier too.

Ken

I just bought the Denali D2's and the Techmount for the Honda light bar. Question: Regarding the connector that you used for the sub harness, can you provide more details about where you ordered the connector, which one, how you connected, them, etc? I'm looking forward to bugs catching on fire when they traverse the beam.

Resurrecting this thread to ask if anyone has mounted the Denali D2's along with a headlight modulator. I have a Kriss modulator so I've got high beams on during the day that are modulating. It seems that if the D2's are installed with teh dual intensity feature, they'd be on high intensity during the day because my high beams are on ... would that be too bright?

Sounds like too much of a good thing. If people have to look away from you because you are hurting their eyes, I think you have increased rather than reduced your risk. I am no fan of modulators, but one solution might be to run the modulator on the low beam. They will still see it but they won't be covering their eyes and looking the other way while trying to drive (and the D2's will be at 50%).

I ran a modulator on the first few bikes I rode but stopped using one because people driving on the road in front of me would pull over thinking I was an emergency vehicle of some sort. It could have been the combo of the modulator, the white helmet, black suit and lime yellow vest I wore at the time. They would pull over even when I was riding a red 560 pound Silver Wing scooter.

I just bought the Denali D2's and the Techmount for the Honda light bar. Question: Regarding the connector that you used for the sub harness, can you provide more details about where you ordered the connector, which one, how you connected, them, etc? I'm looking forward to bugs catching on fire when they traverse the beam.

did you ever find the connector for the subharness?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Once you have removed the left side panel...
2d7sch5.jpg

You can also check this video: [video=youtube;Q1_DUQ1HXjg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1_DUQ1HXjg[/video]

It's best to mount on engine guard or light bar.
I'd you have the optional sub harness, that makes wiring easier too.

Ken

not sure if you're still around Ken, but I'm trying to do this very project and looking for any help on the electrical portion of the install for high/low beam accessory light install. Looking at the same Denali D2 lights you installed and I'm really confused exactly how to do this. I assumed there would be a plug somewhere on the accessory harness I would just plug the lights into, but i guess it's not that simple.

not sure if you're still around Ken, but I'm trying to do this very project and looking for any help on the electrical portion of the install for high/low beam accessory light install. Looking at the same Denali D2 lights you installed and I'm really confused exactly how to do this. I assumed there would be a plug somewhere on the accessory harness I would just plug the lights into, but i guess it's not that simple.

Hello pprior!

Installing the DENALI D2's is relatively simple. Using the included wire harness, start from the battery and connect the positive and negative cables to the battery terminals. From there run the harness forward and then you need to connect the white and blue trigger wires. The white trigger wire supplies switched 12V power to the kit, so we recommend finding the running light bulb to tap into so the system will turn off when the bike is keyed off. The blue trigger wire should be tapped into the bright beam of the bike to activate full intensity. The D2's can also be run as full intensity 100% of the time by combining the white and blue trigger wires together.

From there on out you should be able to mount the lights and connect the extensions as needed.

If you have any other questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to ask or contact our customer service team 855 255 5550

Hello pprior!

Installing the DENALI D2's is relatively simple. Using the included wire harness, start from the battery and connect the positive and negative cables to the battery terminals. From there run the harness forward and then you need to connect the white and blue trigger wires. The white trigger wire supplies switched 12V power to the kit, so we recommend finding the running light bulb to tap into so the system will turn off when the bike is keyed off. The blue trigger wire should be tapped into the bright beam of the bike to activate full intensity. The D2's can also be run as full intensity 100% of the time by combining the white and blue trigger wires together.

From there on out you should be able to mount the lights and connect the extensions as needed.

If you have any other questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to ask or contact our customer service team 855 255 5550

I caution against using TwistedThrottle's recommendation of tapping into the running light bulb as a connection for the white wire until you investigate how the running lights work on your bike. On my 2012 NC700X, the running light shuts off on one side when the turn signal is active. This makes the turn signal more noticeable, having a bright-off-bright-off flash instead of a bright-dim-bright-dim flash. If you used Twisted Throttle's recomendation and tied your Denali D2 white wire into the left running light, for example, the Denali lights would shut off while the left turn signal was active. I wouldn't want mine to work that way.

You could fancy up some diode circuit to tie into both running lights, yet not have them interfere with each other, but it would be much easier to find a switched 12 volt trigger source other than the running lights.

Last edited:
I am planning to install the Honda sub harness and relay kit, in addition to the Denali D2 lights (and a GPS but that doesn't apply here).

In the sub harness, I believe when looking at the 4 pin connector you see 3 wires. The blue wire is the hi/low, green is the ground, and brown is 12v switched. When looking at 3 pin connectors, you have just the green (ground) and brown (12v switched).
In the Denali D2 setup you have a red and black to connect to the battery, then two switch wires - the blue is hi/lo, and white is on/off.

My current plan is to hook the lights directly up to the battery via the provided Denali harness and relay.
Use the previously linked 4 pin connector to connect the Denali blue wire to the Honda blue wire in the sub harness (for a hi/low light trigger).
Connect the white Denali wire to the honda brown wire in this same 4 pin connector.
Honda green ground wire will not be connected.

This will allow for connection to a hi/low switch, and on/off switch through the honda sub harness.

Can someone confirm if my thought process is correct? I have not done electrical work previously.

EDIT:

looking at this post: http://nc700-forum.com/forum/nc700-mods/10442-headlight-trigger-option-harness-2.html
I found green = ground
brown = 12v switched

edited above to clarify this

Last edited:
Back