• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Question Delkevic 13" Stainless Tri-Oval slip-on. Anyone tried it?

Twincam

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I'll change my question a little since maybe that particular model is not so popular.

Anyone with a Delkevic muffler has input to offer?

Fit and finish?
Sound level with and without insert?
Durability? Rust ?

Anything will help.

Thank you!

I went with the 18" carbon fiber and am very pleased with it. Seems to be well built. Not loud but so much better than stock. I tried the baffle in when first installed but was too quiet. Not much louder with baffle removed but much better sounding to me. I've only had it on for a couple thousand miles so can't speak on longevity but from what I've read it seems to hold up well. I think you'll like and you can't beat the price. Good luck!

I have the 14" Oval Carbon (KIT09CX) and I like it a lot. Previous owner bought it April 2017. I have now close to 34,000 km. Quality and finish are excellent. I left the baffle in so it is really not that loud; neighbors like it too.

Protip: If you are in California, KEEP YOUR OEM PIPES. Just box them up and stick them in your garage.

CA has strict laws when it comes to emissions, and exhaust systems have to be CARB (California's Clean Air Resources Board) compliant. Keeping your stock exhaust lets you swap them back on if you get a ticket or want to sell the bike to a dealer someday.

Protip: If you are in California, KEEP YOUR OEM PIPES. Just box them up and stick them in your garage.

CA has strict laws when it comes to emissions, and exhaust systems have to be CARB (California's Clean Air Resources Board) compliant. Keeping your stock exhaust lets you swap them back on if you get a ticket or want to sell the bike to a dealer someday.
I think in any case and in any state, if you ever want to sell the bike, you may want to offer the stock muffler in the sale. Some buyers, including me, would refuse to consider buying a bike with aftermarket exhaust. If you have the original muffler, you have more potential buyers

I think in any case and in any state, if you ever want to sell the bike, you may want to offer the stock muffler in the sale. Some buyers, including me, would refuse to consider buying a bike with aftermarket exhaust. If you have the original muffler, you have more potential buyers
I also refuse to buy a bike with an aftemarket exhaust, but after being on mc forums for the last 15 years, I'm loath to buy ANY used bike.

If I were looking for a used bike, I'd be more than happy to have an aftermarket muffler on it, as long as it wasn't a Cobra "shotgun" style.
I have never heard anything more obnoxious than any V-twin, be it a Honda or Harley, with those straight pipes under heavy engine load.
Now Rineharts on a Harley or Indian; that's music to my ears.

Goes for any part really. Keep the OEM in a box in your garage. Not only for resale value, but also to be kind to the next guy.

I go a step further and get duplicates of whatever I mod. I cut some holes in the upper inner cowl to install some switches and a power outlet, so I ordered the replacement cowl (35 bucks) just in case [1] I fuck up, which is a high probability, [2] OEM parts for this bike get stupid expensive/hard to find/unavailable, and [3] so the next guy can have a bike without being subject to my personal taste. I just tossed it in the OEM box.

I'm also the guy with the notebook of every service, oil change, and receipt for every thing save gas. I know people are scared of buying a used bike, but If I saw a dude with all that, it would make me a hell of a lot more comfortable.

If I were looking for a used bike, I'd be more than happy to have an aftermarket muffler on it, as long as it wasn't a Cobra "shotgun" style.
I have never heard anything more obnoxious than any V-twin, be it a Honda or Harley, with those straight pipes under heavy engine load.
Now Rineharts on a Harley or Indian; that's music to my ears.
Lots of people like aftermarket exhausts. There is nothing to debate there. But having stock exhaust on the bike or available at the time of sale will increase the size of the buying audience, because not everyone will accept an aftermarket exhaust.

I'm definetly keeping the OEM can for any of the reasons mentionned, yes.

As for the actual exhaust, it is still in the box. Cannot ride my bike until March 15th, so no hurry.

It looks beautiful, very polished stainless. Craftmanship looks on point. I will update when it's on the bike.

Here is a little update. Only pictures for now since as you can see, the bike is still in my kitchen. Weather is warming up and I will probably have a video for you next week.
the fit is really good. Personnally I am really happy with how it looks!

20220319_145523.jpg

20220319_145455_HDR.jpg

20220319_145507_HDR.jpg

Back