• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Dead ‘15 NC700X!

All that is wrong with batteries these days can be summed up in 3 words "Hecho en Mexico"
Between my wife and myself, we have 2 cars, 1 jeep, 1 pickup, 3 motorcycles, 2 lawn tractors, 2 tractors, and not one of them has a battery 'hecho en Mexico', either OEM or replacement...jeesh...

Carrying a small lithium jump-starter solves the issue of being unable to bump start the bike when the battery dies.. It also provides emergency cell phone charging with the bike off and a flashlight. They cost about 70 bucks these days and are smaller than a paperback.

I do keep it in my bag so it comes in. 120-125F is murder on batteries. We desert mutants know.
I use the Micro-start XP-1. It will start a V-8 motor a couple of times, and charge your phone and/ laptop. Very handy. Amazon. If you have an older battery and going to a place where a non-start would be a major hassle, stick one in the frunk. It also goes in the RV and car when tripping with them. If someone else needs a jump, you just take it to their vehicle, since you don't need to use your car battery. Very Handy indeed.

Look under the batteries for origin. Most bats are made in mexico these days and most are made of recycled lead and not near the quality that they were when i was a young man. Back then when the dinosaurs were here, batteries lasted about 8 years normally.

Look under the batteries for origin. Most bats are made in mexico these days and most are made of recycled lead and not near the quality that they were when i was a young man. Back then when the dinosaurs were here, batteries lasted about 8 years normally.
I would certainly hope that most batteries are made from recycled lead. Why else have I been recycling my old batteries?

Still havent found one made in Mexico...Just looked at dozens of different batteries at batterystuff.com for motorcycles...didnt find one...did find made in china, asia, taiwan, japan, and USA, yes USA (motocross brand).

Still havent found one made in Mexico...Just looked at dozens of different batteries at batterystuff.com for motorcycles...didnt find one...did find made in china, asia, taiwan, japan, and USA, yes USA (motocross brand).
Yep. Motocross brand is Yuasa's discount priced line. Same battery as Yuasa, different label and lower price.

Back