• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Daytona Multi Wing Carrier question

Motodrocher

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm thinking of buying this rear rack
77286.jpg
and a bit confused with the "Maximum Carryihg Weight: 6kg" according to specifications. Does anyone have an experience? I suggest this is more of a "liability" limitation, but want to be sure I would be able to use it with the Givi Trekker 52L box which is close to 6KG weight itself.

I've never heard of that one before, but ya, they all pretty much have dire warnings for pretty low weight limits.

Mind you, having said that, boy, having never ridden with a hard shell plastic or metal top box on a motorcycle before, I sure did notice the handling difference and top heavy feel on my trip through Alberta last summer, with my loaded up Trax 37 litre top box...:eek:

Yes you're right, I've never ridden with a big box on top. But I wont use it daily (well time will show) and I doubt if it will make my NC750 feel heavier than V-Strom or a big touring bike loaded with all gear for camping or a long trip. I just need a more or less nice looking rear rack mounted for good and which I can use for Trekker (or similar big box) occasionally.

Yes you're right, I've never ridden with a big box on top. But I wont use it daily (well time will show) and I doubt if it will make my NC750 feel heavier than V-Strom or a big touring bike loaded with all gear for camping or a long trip. I just need a more or less nice looking rear rack mounted for good and which I can use for Trekker (or similar big box) occasionally.

What you have pictured looks better than the one I chose- an SWMotech rear "rack". Granted, I did know that I was going to be bolting on either a separate, larger footprint plate onto the Motech one for misc duties, or a Trax adapter for a Trax Top case, but all on it's own, the little vestigial thing that is the SWMotech rack can't actually hold anything by itself, it's so small.

With that Daytona, it appears at least you'd be able to strap on something to it in a pinch, without a top box installed. :D

And yeah, forgot to mention)))))

the whole idea is to make next year Christmas presents fit/sit more nice/stable/accurate/safe ets on my bike and ride without worries to the post office.

2014-12-16 13.02.21.jpg

Yes I made it this time without collecting toys and candies all over the road.

Happy NEW YEAR to everyone!!!!

Hey, the offer is there- if you're ever out and about on a weekend or evening with some spare time, I'd be happy to buy ya a cup of coffee or whatever :)

My buddy with a Yamaha Super Ten and I usually try to get in a caffeine visit somewhere in the Metro Vancouver area every few week ends if possible, and yack about bikes for a little bit during the "winter" we have here lol

What you have pictured looks better than the one I chose- an SWMotech rear "rack". Granted, I did know that I was going to be bolting on either a separate, larger footprint plate onto the Motech one for misc duties, or a Trax adapter for a Trax Top case, but all on it's own, the little vestigial thing that is the SWMotech rack can't actually hold anything by itself, it's so small.

With that Daytona, it appears at least you'd be able to strap on something to it in a pinch, without a top box installed. :D
Curiously LBS that's exactly what I liked about the SW Motech :); versatility...
Opposite side of the country= opposite state of mind ? lol...:confused:

Hey, the offer is there- if you're ever out and about on a weekend or evening with some spare time, I'd be happy to buy ya a cup of coffee or whatever :)

My buddy with a Yamaha Super Ten and I usually try to get in a caffeine visit somewhere in the Metro Vancouver area every few week ends if possible, and yack about bikes for a little bit during the "winter" we have here lol

I'm in! Let's PM this weekend!

this combination worked well. I will probably never remove it. I carry a 40 lb back pack in there and don't think twice. I tried to look up the weight limit for these but couldn't find a reference. Once you have them attached, I don't think you'll worry too much about weight on them...

$30 Top Box
topbox.jpg

Givi Monorack arms $100
givi_1111FZ_monorack_arms_270x274.jpg

Yeah, I've seen this somewhere on the forum, I think you posted it already. But I want a flat deck mostly with ability to mount a box when I need it. I know it will cost 3 times more but I'd like to have a silver/black box like Trekker vs black/red.

Yeah, I've seen this somewhere on the forum, I think you posted it already. But I want a flat deck mostly with ability to mount a box when I need it. I know it will cost 3 times more but I'd like to have a silver/black box like Trekker vs black/red.

Yes, I did post it already. I generally do rather than force folks to "go look it up".
The combination does come with a "flat deck". The top box comes with it's own deck that you mount to the arms. I'll go and take a photo of it now.
Aside from that, once you have the arms, you could make a deck to suit. You'd have to engineer attaching it to the arms, but that's a lof of the fun fo me.
Pictures coming ...

The top box has a ridge at the front that fits into a slot in the platform. The box is held on by a single bolt with a wignut. I turned this bolt around so that the wingnut, and anti-vibration nut securing the wingnut, would be inside the box. It would be easy to revers that so that the bolt would be in and keep the platform flatter.
In any case the box comes off with one bolt (easy), and presents a fairly good size platform once off.

My goal is not to persuade just to give information.

rack1.jpg

rack2.jpg

rack3.jpg

Last edited:
That's good, now I remember your posts. You have a really nice setup! The price is not really matter here as the carrier arms you suggest cost $100 and the rack I want is $101.75 as of today and I like it look better.

P.S.: StratTuner, you just killed me!!!! Those dudes from toy story, I like them really much on your bike, but man... now my daughter saw it!!! She brought me her Mermaid and Elsa and requests me to mount them the same way!!! What a hell????

That's good, now I remember your posts. You have a really nice setup! The price is not really matter here as the carrier arms you suggest cost $100 and the rack I want is $101.75 as of today and I like it look better.

P.S.: StratTuner, you just killed me!!!! Those dudes from toy story, I like them really much on your bike, but man... now my daughter saw it!!! She brought me her Mermaid and Elsa and requests me to mount them the same way!!! What a hell????

Well OK... there will come a time when she will NOT ask you to do things like that...and you will wish you had and still could. (says Dad of two girls now 23 and 28)

I used a plastic kitchen waste basket from Walmart. I cut a square from the plastic that is about as tall as the license plate, but wider. How wide? Wide enough to zip tie Buzz and Woody to. I added about two inches to each side. This allows you to position the characters exactly where you want and then punch holes in the plastic, exactly where they need to be, to zip tie each character.

The plastic also needs holes to accomodate the bolts that holde the license on. Put the plastic on first, then the license, then Buzz and Woody... or in your case Mermaid and Elsa.

The whole point of Buzz and Woody is that it makes people smile. Drivers don't like motorcycles, so if I can get them to see my Toy Story friends, then they will smile and hate me less.... and maybe not run me over in traffic!
It also reminds me of my two daughters. We went together as a family to see that movie in 1995, and I count that as a very happy evening. I like the reminder.

It's also a nice juxtaposition with the "Iron Butt" license plate backing.

here they are!
bw.jpg

Woody's hat was a problem. It's held on with a small wood screw that goes right into Woody's skull! Sorry Woody!
I also clipped Buzz's wings.
(smile)

Last edited:
Well OK... there will come a time when she will NOT ask you to do things like that...and you will wish you had and still could. (says Dad of two girls now 23 and 28).

No words man... I'm afraid of that time myself though my daughter is just 5 now.

As for the toys I'm definitely not going to ride around like a pervert with a couple of little plastic chicks, but I'm still negotiating towards something neutral like Winnie the Pooh or smth like that.

That rear rack sure looks like a SWMotech alumarack.

I'm thinking of buying this rear rack
View attachment 21856
and a bit confused with the "Maximum Carryihg Weight: 6kg" according to specifications. Does anyone have an experience? I suggest this is more of a "liability" limitation, but want to be sure I would be able to use it with the Givi Trekker 52L box which is close to 6KG weight itself.

No words man... I'm afraid of that time myself though my daughter is just 5 now.

As for the toys I'm definitely not going to ride around like a pervert with a couple of little plastic chicks, but I'm still negotiating towards something neutral like Winnie the Pooh or smth like that.

Well.... settle on Winnie the Pooh characters. Can't go much wrong there. Search Toys R Us web site for "action figures" of the characters you want. These are usually waterproof and stand up to sun and zip ties pretty well.

Or use lapel pins. Flat and metal, and a lot smaller. I will send you Pooh and Tigger in the form if you PM me.

Last edited:
Back