• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Cruising RPM's

JeffR

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi,

I was curious what the crusing rpm's are on this bike. I know that Mark (horobags) has one and I think there is someone else on the site with one too. I have the Silver Wing scooter and at 65 mph (actual per gps) I'm running at 5,000 rpm's and was wondering what the new NC700 is running at 65 mph actual? I would think it would cruise at a much lower rpm's since it is designed to run at lower rpm's and has quite a bit more torque. Thanks for any info anyone can give? I need to stop by the Honda shop to see when they will get one. But it may still be a year before I can get one but it really looks good in pictures and on paper (specs). Thanks.

One of the videos that I watched showed the instruments while riding. Of course I couldn't see the exact numbers but it looked like around 4k RPM at 65. Higher than I thought it would be.

Hi all,
These are my stats: 3200RPM gives you 105km/h or 65 mph, 3800RPM gives you 120km/h or 75 mph, 2000RPM gives you 60km/h or 38 mph
Hope this helps a little
Chat soon

tanserf,

Thanks for the info about the rpm's. It sure cruises at a low rpm and I bet it is smooth on the highway. I also saw your youtube and it sounds really nice. Thanks.

Hey Tania,

Thanks for the article, it was very interesting. I also just saw your last fill up where you averaged 71 mpg (i'm using the convertor to convert to US). That is some really good mileage and I'm reading a lot about how comfortable it is too. It must be nice to get the good bikes first. It's good you're having fun on it.

ive been out on my first proper run today, Ive had the 700x for a couple of weeks, but due to weather and work, Ive not had the chance.
I totalled 80 miles in total, today was a memorial ride for a friend who was killed on his bike last may.
The first thing you realise is how relaxed and smooth the ride is, 40mph= 2000rpm, and 60mph= 3000rpm. The suspension really soakes up any lumps and bumps in the road, and the steering is quick, considering the wide bars. One thing to mention is my nc is shod with bridgestone tyres, but my friend who bought his nc on the same day has metzellers fitted???? It was a bit wet and misty today, and the best way to discribe my ride is smooth and relaxed.
On getting home, with the cold weather wev'e had recently, we have a lot of salt on our roads, so I washed the nc as soon as it cooled down. I was impressed how easy it is to wash, the shock, linkage, exhaust ect, are all very easy to get at with a sponge, not too many "nooks and crannys"making acces to all metal parts easy accesable, I am impressed.

ive been out on my first proper run today, Ive had the 700x for a couple of weeks, but due to weather and work, Ive not had the chance.
I totalled 80 miles in total, today was a memorial ride for a friend who was killed on his bike last may.
The first thing you realise is how relaxed and smooth the ride is, 40mph= 2000rpm, and 60mph= 3000rpm. The suspension really soakes up any lumps and bumps in the road, and the steering is quick, considering the wide bars. One thing to mention is my nc is shod with bridgestone tyres, but my friend who bought his nc on the same day has metzellers fitted???? It was a bit wet and misty today, and the best way to discribe my ride is smooth and relaxed.
On getting home, with the cold weather wev'e had recently, we have a lot of salt on our roads, so I washed the nc as soon as it cooled down. I was impressed how easy it is to wash, the shock, linkage, exhaust ect, are all very easy to get at with a sponge, not too many "nooks and crannys"making acces to all metal parts easy accesable, I am impressed.

Thanks for the insight, I plan on picking one up as soon as they become available here in the US. I've become spoiled with the storage on my Burgman 400 but I think I will be able to get bye by adding a top and side cases.

What is the optimum cruising speed for this moto?

Over here in Switzerland, the inter-town (trunk) roads have a normal speed limit of 80kmh. Going over 100kmh will get a big fine plus a possible suspension (means no driving any vehicle for 1-3 months).
So far (as I am still under 1000km, running in the engine) , I have yet to go over 100kmh.

Is 100kmh a good crusing speed for this motor (in terms of vibrations, fuel economy, etc?)

To Uk riders this would seem quite slow. The speed limit on duel carraigeways & Motorways is 70MPH (112KPH) but on the motorways most traffic travels at 80-85MPH (128.7 - 136.KPH). My NC700X has no trouble cruising at these speeds

To Uk riders this would seem quite slow. The speed limit on duel carraigeways & Motorways is 70MPH (112KPH) but on the motorways most traffic travels at 80-85MPH (128.7 - 136.KPH). My NC700X has no trouble cruising at these speeds
Hi Rocker

It is certainly good to hear about the capability of this little moto, because I usually avoid freeway or autobahn, or any speeds above 100kmh.
I am not afraid of high speed or anything like that, but I'd rather like to travel leisurely with my NCX because it is kinda of a hobbycraft for me.
Also, straight roads are for me a quick way to get to someplace, but then I prefer twisties.

I was just clocking 100km yesterday with a friend along sunny twisty mountain roads.
Yes I know I am lucky to live here.
:D

One can certainly choose to speed along (risk of fine, etc) , but it is not the culture here because everyone takes it easy. (even rushing to work is not the norm here) :p Regarding the RPM, I decided to forgo the GIPRO gear indicator install, because I learned that I am in top gear when it is between 2600-3000 at 90kmh.

Back