• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Need Help Crankcase oil leak

LowNCrider

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi, to all
I notice an oil leak of my left crankcase in my 2018 DCT it only has 2,228 miles in it and would like to know if someone has had this little problem in his bike. The thin is that ride it only on weekends because of my work as a tech and I can not us my bike as much as I want. I search the internet and found that some guys (engineers) said that if you do not use you're bike regularly that the seals can become damage and cause the leak in the motors for not being us in a daily bases. I just want some advise in how I can fix this issue with out having to go to the dealer honda. and if is fairly to buy the service manual and DIY.

P.D. no more warranty

Attachments

• IMG-0949.jpg
    IMG-0949.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 49
  • IMG-0950.jpg
    IMG-0950.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 47
  • IMG-0952.jpg
    IMG-0952.jpg
    881.6 KB · Views: 46
The first thing you'll need to do is find the exact leak point. Also, be sure it's engine oil and not just excess chain lube. Nobody else can do that sitting at a keyboard.

A bike sitting a week at a time is absolutely no reason to expect leaks. That's BS. Total BS.

The first thing you'll need to do is find the exact leak point. Also, be sure it's engine oil and not just excess chain lube. Nobody else can do that sitting at a keyboard.

A bike sitting a week at a time is absolutely no reason to expect leaks. That's BS. Total BS.
Hi 670cc
And yes I have ck where is coming from is at the bottom seal of the left crankcase, I tout apart the cover and ck it like two weeks ago, at first is was a little but now is increasing because I always on Wednesday like to run the motor at lease 10 to 15 min and I am doing this since new and yesterday I move it back and fourth in my run way and it lead to some oil dropping in the drive way.

Hi to all
I took a look today and found out that is leaking Oil from the Alternator stator cable from the left side of the motorcycle as mark in red in the picture, for those that know in here are experience mechanics, do I have to buy this part that cost $367.85 or is this is repairable because it seems to me strange to be leaking from this area if is electrical part or there I bigger problem here. And rely have to go to the Honda service station to get it fix. Any help here would be appreciated.

P.D. As my second post I was wrong is not leaking from the seals.

Attachments

• IMG-1025.jpg
    IMG-1025.jpg
    728.6 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG-1027.jpg
    IMG-1027.jpg
    824 KB · Views: 41
  • 1_0.png
    1_0.png
    5.5 KB · Views: 37
Seems like you would just pull the side cover off, remove the old sealant, then apply new sealant and reinstall the cover. No parts needed except the sealant (Hondabond or 3bond).

We had an owner recently have the same oil leak problem with a wiring grommet, but on the clutch side cover. It was repaired by reinstalling the cover with new sealant.

Seems like you would just pull the side cover off, remove the old sealant, then apply new sealant and reinstall the cover. No parts needed except the sealant (Hondabond or 3bond).

We had an owner recently have the same oil leak problem with a wiring grommet, but on the clutch side cover. It was repaired by reinstalling the cover with new sealant.
Thanks a lot 670cc
I would try that option indeed I buy the sealant and post back.

Hi again 670cc
I did the work, removed the alternate cover, stator and all I had to remove, almost all the fairings as you can see in pictures to remove the stator connection to the rectifier under the gas tank. Clean and put some hondabond as the service manual indicated test on the bike and no leaks for now, I just have to give it a good run but with this lock down in my country I have to wait for now. Hopping that ever ting gets to normal soon. stay safe and ride forever.

Attachments

• IMG-1045.jpg
    IMG-1045.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 28
  • IMG-1075.jpg
    IMG-1075.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 27
  • IMG-1076.jpg
    IMG-1076.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 27
  • IMG-0128.JPG
    IMG-0128.JPG