• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Couple of questions.

Canbo

Site Supporter
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I just bought a 2018 NC750X-DCT.

1) I installed a Madstad touring screen; I have a pair of RoxRisers and I am waiting for a pair of Barkbusters single point clamp-mount hand guards. The windscreen R side deflector is preventing full L lock and I am working with Madstad to modify this windscreen to fit this newest version of this bike. The easy fix is to just remove the deflectors. My question is has anyone else run into this problem?

2) I don't see the point of the parking brake and has anyone ever removed it? If it was just mechanical I wouldn't ask this question. Also, it is not my intention to start a pro-parking brake thread-rant, I just want to know if anyone has removed theirs.

Regards,

Bob

I had removed the parking brake on my NC for couple of months before I found a solution for how to install it back in different place. (6 years ago).

I have an ‘18 NC750x with a MadStad and don’t have the issue you describe.

As for the parking break, I never use mine but I live in a flat area. I assume it will be useful for people in hilly areas. The DCT is at rest in Neutral, normally you’d park a manual shift bike in 1st gear. So while we may not need a parking brake daily there will be times when they come in handy.

Would it be possible to post a picture or two showing how the windshield and bars interact on your bike? Madstad has made several versions of the shield, the brackets, and the deflectors plus the shape has changed on occasion. Getting a visual would be helpful. In my case the Storm Barkbusters hit the shield on both sides until I trimmed the shield.

I find the parking brake useful so I've never thought of removing it.

Last edited:
I look at the parking brake like having some kind of tool, say a sawzall. If your not a contractor of some kind you really don't need a sawzall very much.

But when you do, you really need it. So it's nice to have. Same thing with the parking brake. I also have the centerstand so there's a work around if I really wanted. But it's paid for and nice to have, when needed.

I use the parking brake on my bike fairly often. Without being able to put the bike in gear with the engine OFF, you're in a dilemma when it comes to parking on a incline.

ps. And I have to admit, I've ridden off without releasing the parking brake but stopped and released it before getting on the street! :)

I have an ‘18 NC750x with a MadStad and don’t have the issue you describe.

As for the parking break, I never use mine but I live in a flat area. I assume it will be useful for people in hilly areas. The DCT is at rest in Neutral, normally you’d park a manual shift bike in 1st gear. So while we may not need a parking brake daily there will be times when they come in handy.

melensdad - Do you have risers installed? If not, I don't get it (but thanks for the reply).

Would it be possible to post a picture or two showing how the windshield and bars interact on your bike? Madstad has made several versions of the shield, the brackets, and the deflectors plus the shape has changed on occasion. Getting a visual would be helpful. In my case the Storm Barkbusters hit the shield on both sides until I trimmed the shield.

Hi Dave - as soon as I can figure out how to post photos, I will.

Attachments

• IMG_0170.jpg
    IMG_0170.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 238

Hi again Dave - How did you trim your windscreen?

I took it to a plastics fabrication shop....... I know it could have beeen done with the right tools in my own hands and I have them but for $25 it looks like Madstad made it custom for me.

I took it to a plastics fabrication shop....... I know it could have beeen done with the right tools in my own hands and I have them but for $25 it looks like Madstad made it custom for me.

Thanks Dave. I may be doing that too.

I always use the parking brake, but not necessarily for keeping my bike from rolling away.
It's another way to prevent the bandits from rolling my bike away!
Around here you gotta use anything you have to slow them down.

I always use the parking brake, but not necessarily for keeping my bike from rolling away.
It's another way to prevent the bandits from rolling my bike away!
Around here you gotta use anything you have to slow them down.

So they just break the steering lock and release the parking brake. A disc lock or two would be way better.

I still consider the Parking Brake to be a part of the 'anti-theft' system on the bike. Most people would not be able to get my NC/DCT into gear, or figure out how to release the parking brake when trying to steal it. ;-)

Tbh as a rider of standard gearbox bikes for years I never saw the need for parking brakes. However I do find it useful occasionally on my DCT bike for reasons outlined above. I suppose I would have to ask the question anyway "what harm is it doing ?".

If someone wanted to steal your motorcycle, all it takes is one guy and a trailer. Pull the trailer along side and tip the bike over onto the trailer. 10 seconds tops and the bike is gone.

JT

If someone wanted to steal your motorcycle, all it takes is one guy and a trailer. Pull the trailer along side and tip the bike over onto the trailer. 10 seconds tops and the bike is gone.

JT

Dang it. Something else to worry about in the middle of the night.... ;-)

Back