• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Continental Divide route June 2017 on the nc

misterk

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey guys, going with some other guys to do the continental divide route, leaving Thursday June 8th.

I will be posting on advrider

Here is the link

Continental Divide Ride June 11-18 | Adventure Rider

Continental Divide Ride June 11-18

Continental Divide Ride June 11-18 | Adventure Rider

Pre ride shake down

8ed0b3423bd1adef3b85db26fc79d57a.jpg

16543d4318f51ab7c3ed307f83617d98.jpg

Last edited:
Have an awesome ADV!
Lot's of FF thinking/unsure about taking the NC on the TAT.
If you can make the CDT, TAT should be a piece of bread <sic>
Don't let them down :)

Have an awesome ADV!
Lot's of FF thinking/unsure about taking the NC on the TAT.
If you can make the CDT, TAT should be a piece of bread <sic>
Don't let them down :)

I think the NC can handle it..but I would hate to break a rim on some rocks. That, and I wouldn't want to pick it up. ( I am NOT and experienced dirt rider)

I rode the TAT to Arkansas on my DR650. Dropped it twice, hated picking it up. The NC would be worse. Also would hate the sand with the small front wheel. If I were doing the TAT today, a 250 would be the ticket. Maybe even a TW200 or a Van Van. Easier foot paddling although slow up the mountains.

For low-seated bikes with not that much suspension but pretty good clearance and pretty light, my old XT225 performed pretty nicely, and lots of aftermarket for it (big fuel tank, racks, etc) -- it or the FI-equipped XT250 are a little more suitable than the TW200 in many circumstances but that's a nice one too. Honda CRF230 (predates the 250) is another, and so is the Suzuki DR200. If you have the inseam the WR250R really is great though and it can be lowered about 1.8 inches. It does both the highway and the dirt better and maintains similar fuel economy, has a better (adjustable) stock suspension by far, and it's easy to shed some of its weight too...

Last edited by a moderator:
A famous sailor once said the vessel owned at the time is the best vessel for a passage. Have a good time and take lots of pictures. I'm the worst at taking pictures on trip.

Unless it sinks ; }

"A famous sailor once said the vessel owned at the time is the best vessel for a passage."
Remember the Titanic.

The assumption here is that the sailor is capable.
I'm sure misterk will be able to conquer and divide the CDT

Unless it sinks ; }
Yes sure but the point is some folks have to have the thing all figured out to the nines and still never leave harbor. Many more of those make believe passages are never made compared to passages cut short by improper/inferior equipment.

Back