• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Conti motions

Haven't seen the Motions, but I have a similar view of Contis. The president of Continental and I both used to ride 1977 BMW R100RS's. Conti twins: K112A rear and RB2 front. Never ran anything else. Wouldn't even think of it. I guess he got them free but I had to buy mine.

OK... lets talk tires!
I'm considering the Michelin Pilot Road 3 Tires (front and rear) for the first NEW set on the NC700x.
Any thoughts?

I haven't taken my bike off road and probably never will.... but it's nice to know I could... I'd just have to have really good reason to take a dirt road.

Dont forget you get what you pay for, they just recalled a bunch of those conti motions for uneven wear, groove cracking, and in some cases even belt lift. besides I like my pr3's a lot.

How are the pr3 doing on the nc?its time for me to start looking for a tire soon.

I haven't found anyone who has them yet, and I suspect that any review they give of driving with the actual tire would be ... inconclusive.
In the bicycling world, I only know that a tire is good after it's been on my bicycle for a long time... worn well (not worn through quickly). To that end, I've had a good experience with Michilen bicycle tires. They last a long time and grip well. I guess it may be product loyalty, but I'm hoping for the same from the Michilen PR3 motorcycle tires.

I haven't found anyone who has them yet, and I suspect that any review they give of driving with the actual tire would be ... inconclusive.
In the bicycling world, I only know that a tire is good after it's been on my bicycle for a long time... worn well (not worn through quickly). To that end, I've had a good experience with Michilen bicycle tires. They last a long time and grip well. I guess it may be product loyalty, but I'm hoping for the same from the Michilen PR3 motorcycle tires.

I'm running the PR3, and I'm pretty sure there are a couple others on here as well. I ran 3 sets of the PR2 on my last bike and had PR3s on it when I traded it for the NC. Excellent tires, the best all around tire available for the street, IMO. I got 12k+ out of the PR2s on my big, heavy Bandit -- I expect to get closer to 15k out of the PR3 on the NC, but only time will tell.

trey

I'm running the PR3, and I'm pretty sure there are a couple others on here as well. I ran 3 sets of the PR2 on my last bike and had PR3s on it when I traded it for the NC. Excellent tires, the best all around tire available for the street, IMO. I got 12k+ out of the PR2s on my big, heavy Bandit -- I expect to get closer to 15k out of the PR3 on the NC, but only time will tell.

trey
Trey, thanks for telling about your experience. It's good to hear confirmation from someone who has put miles on those tires. Like you, I'm looking for long wear and a good "feel"...good grip might be the word.

I haven't taken my NC "off road" yet, so it's street tires for me. It's nice to know that I could take a dirt road if I had to, but 99% of the time it's pavement, and the PR3 seems like a good choice for that.

I plan to get EXACTLY the same size, in circumference anway, so that I don't mess up the speedometer. Have you had any experience with going wider? Is that worth considering?

Last edited:
Have you had any experience with going wider? Is that worth considering?

In my experience, no. The bike is designed for the stock size tire. If you try to stick a wider tire on the stock rim, it messes with the contour of the tire, and dynamics of the bike, and rarely results in more grip except maybe in a straight line.

Stick with the stock size, no reason to change.

trey

Back