• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Choosing crash bars on 2021 nc750x

R-Gaza - something that never noticed until the other day.... they are almost invisible. They are small and really blend-in to the motor so for people that don't want to "spoil" the look of their bike this could be a point in their favor.
I think they have two types. One is an engine case guard that hugs tight. The other is the crash bars that stick out.
I have the "crash" bars on my NC.
NC700x.jpg

I like the SW motech. I had them on the CB500X, and now have them on the NC. I think most crash bars are really tip-over bars and places to hang extra lights and hi-way pegs.
I did crash my 955i tiger at about 50mph and the crash bars that I had on the bike lessened the damage but did not work as advertised.
I had a topple over with my 2021 Nc and have the SW Motech crashbars and disappointingly I got a scratch on my exhaust and DCT oil filter cover , engine casing and wrecked my Bar busters storm plastics. The bars are unmarked. I am looking for a crashbar bumper if you know of one let me know?

I had a topple over with my 2021 Nc and have the SW Motech crashbars and disappointingly I got a scratch on my exhaust and DCT oil filter cover , engine casing and wrecked my Bar busters storm plastics. The bars are unmarked. I am looking for a crashbar bumper if you know of one let me know?
Thanks for sharing your experience. Btw, what is a crash at bumper?

I have the impreda crash bars installed. Took me awhile to receive, but I installed them without much issue-I think they came from Turkey if I recall. My purpose for install was to protect from a minor drop or slide. They are attractive. I have been thinking about installing some kind of wind protection for my legs in addition to auxiliary lights-very dark where I live and plenty of wildlife. As of now I’ve only added adhesive reflectors. I enjoy the “sliders” on the front. Sometimes I put my foot up on one to stretch a bit.

I like the SW motech. I had them on the CB500X, and now have them on the NC. I think most crash bars are really tip-over bars and places to hang extra lights and hi-way pegs.
I did crash my 955i tiger at about 50mph and the crash bars that I had on the bike lessened the damage but did not work as advertised.
If anyone has the SW-Motech crash bars, I'd like to know the pros and cons to these.

pros:
Fit and finish
look nice.
good mounting point for lights and hi-way pegs

Cons:
price.

They are called crash bars but really serve as tip over bars.
I have found that to be the case with several brands of crash bars.
They use to be called case guards about 30 years ago.

I like these bars and decided to order right from the factory. They arrived today, and I saved $90. Standard international shipping to the USA was free and no sales tax. No instructions but you can download a PDF file from their site that shows you how to install. Just and FYI for those interested. $151.00 from factory to my door.

I installed givi upper guards ( what could be easily found) mostly for a spot for highway pegs - in the process, under the shroud was expensive looking connectors for the dct - between that and the shroud itself could easily be over a grand for a simple drop, makes the 207 for the lower guard seem ok

Back