• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Centerstand trick..

Thanks guys, I just ordered a center stand from ProCaliber for $107.00 with free shipping and no tax.
Rich
That is a steal. I paid $149 + tax. Wish I knew about this website.
I am very thankful to this thread - it saved me a ton of time installing the center stand.

Last edited:
Another thanks for this trick to get the centerstand springs on.

I did this using a well tied shoelace and got the springs on in no time. 20 minutes from beginning to end. More time to ride!:)

I hate having to tell on myself, so please be gentle. Ok, here goes. If anyone tries this trick, make sure the bike is in neutral. I couldn't figure out how those two little springs could lock up the back wheel on concrete. Yeah. It would have probably saved me lots of time too. I made a video. I'll try to figure out how to post it sometime.

I hate having to tell on myself, so please be gentle. Ok, here goes. If anyone tries this trick, make sure the bike is in neutral. I couldn't figure out how those two little springs could lock up the back wheel on concrete. Yeah. It would have probably saved me lots of time too. I made a video. I'll try to figure out how to post it sometime.

That's AWSOME. !!!.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good thinking guys. Love all the ideas... I installed mine the way OCR did, by myself with a ratchet strap on the back wheel. I think both methods are real similar but rolling forward sounds a little quicker. Thought I would add this in case anyone got uncomfortable with rolling their bike.

Good thinking guys. Love all the ideas... I installed mine the way OCR did, by myself with a ratchet strap on the back wheel. I think both methods are real similar but rolling forward sounds a little quicker. Thought I would add this in case anyone got uncomfortable with rolling their bike.

The Rolling forward method requires another person to either roll the bike forward or to pop the springs on once the bike is being pushed forward against the pull off the springs. The Ratchet strap just requires yourself and a ratchet strap. Ratchet it until the spring is pulled enough to pop the spring in the hole then release the strap.
I tried the rolling forward method alone and realized real quick I had no way to get the springs on. You can't just roll it forward then put it on the side stand because it will release the tension in the springs as soon as you quit pushing forward on the bike.

With two people it might be just as easy add the ratchet strap. I didn't like the idea of netting a noon rider to push forward on the bike while I put the springs on, I was nervous they might drop the bike pushing hard to pull the springs.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

The Rolling forward method requires another person to either roll the bike forward or to pop the springs on once the bike is being pushed forward against the pull off the springs.
I tried the rolling forward method alone and realized real quick I had no way to get the springs on. You can't just roll it forward then put it on the side stand because it will release the tension in the springs as soon as you quit pushing forward on the bike.
The roll on method can be done with one person. Just line up the springs and the rope with the springs mounting point, and the springs attach themselves without any help from the bike pusher.
Also, once you push the bike forward, have the bike in gear, so when the spring is stretched enough you just release the clutch and the springs stays stretched when you place the bike on the side stand.
I just pushed my bike forward and the springs attached themselves. I just heard a little pop and it was done.

The Rolling forward method requires another person to either roll the bike forward or to pop the springs on once the bike is being pushed forward against the pull off the springs. The Ratchet strap just requires yourself and a ratchet strap. Ratchet it until the spring is pulled enough to pop the spring in the hole then release the strap.

With two people it might be just as easy add the ratchet strap. I didn't like the idea of netting a noon rider to push forward on the bike while I put the springs on, I was nervous they might drop the bike pushing hard to pull the springs.

I have always done the roll forward method by myself sitting next to the bike.Thats why I use it, I 'm always working by myself. !!.

The roll on method can be done with one person. Just line up the springs and the rope with the springs mounting point, and the springs attach themselves without any help from the bike pusher.
Also, once you push the bike forward, have the bike in gear, so when the spring is stretched enough you just release the clutch and the springs stays stretched when you place the bike on the side stand.
I just pushed my bike forward and the springs attached themselves. I just heard a little pop and it was done.

IMG_0691.jpg

Like this. I pushed the bike forward, while standing up, the spring popped into place, rolled a little back, untie, done.

I used the rachet strap. Easy peasy!
I can't figure out what they are talking about with the putting the springs on and then the bolt/axel.
I'm visual so a video would help me!

I used the rachet strap. Easy peasy!
I can't figure out what they are talking about with the putting the springs on and then the bolt/axel.
!
What they mean is you attach the springs to both ends anchor points before installing the center stand onto the bike's brackets. Then you maneuver the actual center stand into position and align the center stand where the installation bolt is first inserted. Then start inserting the mounting bolt ( this point will act as the fulcrum for leverage) Then use the leverage of the center stand to stretch both springs as you install the long insertion bolt further into the side stand. The further the installation bolt is inserted, the easier it becomes.
(I'm not removing my center stand and reinstalling and video recording the procedure)

Last edited:
+1. This is the first accessory for my new bike so it will either be this trick or the ratchet tie down trick

Alright so last evening I received my center stand and was eager to install. I first tried the method suggested in the instructions where you attach the springs THEN put the axle through. I was doing this by myself and was having trouble lining up the axle and making sure the springs did not fall off. I believe if I had a second set of hands this would have been no problem.

OK, so then I moved to the ratchet trick. I had my bike on a rear pit bull stand and attached the tie down strap to the stand. Well, as you can imagine, as I used the ratchet strap, the bike began to move on the stand. Not working (I could have attached the ratchet strap to the swing arm to avoid this, but did not want to risk scuffing up the swing arm).

Finally, I went and tried the rear wheel strap trick mentioned on this thread. Worked like a dream. This truly is the way to go for easiest install, especially if doing this alone. Now keep in mind I tried all three methods for install and the total time spent was still only about 20 minutes. Super simple and thanks again for the idea!

Easiest and fastest

Alright so last evening I received my center stand and was eager to install. I first tried the method suggested in the instructions where you attach the springs THEN put the axle through. I was doing this by myself and was having trouble lining up the axle and making sure the springs did not fall off. I believe if I had a second set of hands this would have been no problem.

OK, so then I moved to the ratchet trick. I had my bike on a rear pit bull stand and attached the tie down strap to the stand. Well, as you can imagine, as I used the ratchet strap, the bike began to move on the stand. Not working (I could have attached the ratchet strap to the swing arm to avoid this, but did not want to risk scuffing up the swing arm).

Finally, I went and tried the rear wheel strap trick mentioned on this thread. Worked like a dream. This truly is the way to go for easiest install, especially if doing this alone. Now keep in mind I tried all three methods for install and the total time spent was still only about 20 minutes. Super simple and thanks again for the idea!
TrackCage,
I'm glad you were successful with your installation. It great to have a functioning center stand.
The use of a cord or string attached to the center stand springs and the rear wheel spokes and then rolling the bike forward is the simplest and easiest method of attaching the center stand springs without additional assistance (more people) or equipment. Most individuals have strong string readily available. It's like automatic!
Try it, you'll like it!:p

TrackCage,
I'm glad you were successful with your installation. It great to have a functioning center stand.
The use of a cord or string attached to the center stand springs and the rear wheel spokes and then rolling the bike forward is the simplest and easiest method of attaching the center stand springs without additional assistance (more people) or equipment. Most individuals have strong string readily available. It's like automatic!
Try it, you'll like it!:p

This is why I keep all my old LEATHER Boot laces when I throw away the worn out boots .

Back