• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Centerstand trick..

Previously I've only had center stands on small scooters and it was easy to put them up while still "sitting" on them. I tried like hell to do that on the NC with no success. Finally I did a youtube search (didn't save the links) and found quite a few good visual descriptions. Once I could see how it's done it's a piece of cake.

This was my first bike with a center stand also, and I can confirm, trying to put the bike on the center stand while on it is just about impossible... LOL

If you use a ratchet strap you don't even have to roll the bike forward, just ratchet until the spring is in place.

I had a hard time pushing the bike forward while trying to pop the spring in place (was afraid the bike might fall over), so the ratchet strap came out.

Thanks for posting this, it made putting on the center stand so easy!

smileyapplause.jpg

When I did mine I got the bolt started on one side, attached the spring then used the leverage of the stand itself to align the other hole. install took about 5 minutes, half of which was looking for a piece of cardboard to lay on.;)

When I did mine I got the bolt started on one side, attached the spring then used the leverage of the stand itself to align the other hole. install took about 5 minutes, half of which was looking for a piece of cardboard to lay on.;)

Ya, that's exactly what I did as well. Doing it that way required no effort at all. Leverage is your friend!

Might I add, Leverage in the right place is your friend...

Wiser words were never spoken...

I have had some significantly silent and contemplative pauses throughout the years, after applying awesome leverage in the *wrong* spot, lol

Great idea! I used the "hook the spring first before sliding the main bolt through the hole" method to get that darn spring on there. I thought I could do it alone....not a chance.

I somehow missed this thread. I used a trucker's hitch between the spring and the axle. Still had to pull like hell, on one spring at a time. One thing I figured out though, if you thread the rope loop through the steel loop on the stand, the rope will pull the spring into position. Hopefully this crude drawing explains it.

IMG_0691.jpg

EDIT: added a top view

Last edited:
I used the rarely used trick of "follow the instructions" and attached the ends of the spring first. I quite easily pulled the stand into position from the right side of the bike while my son inserted the shaft from the left side. The only difficulty we had was that we did it in the dark with a single LED headband light. Piece of cake, which was a relief after reading all the horror stories about it here.

I just installed my center stand over last weekend. Mine has a lot of play and dangles , scraping the ground occasionally, does any one have some insight how to get more spring tension? I am guessing it should not be that loose, but both hooks/springs are in place.

I just installed my center stand over last weekend. Mine has a lot of play and dangles , scraping the ground occasionally, does any one have some insight how to get more spring tension? I am guessing it should not be that loose, but both hooks/springs are in place.

Welcome Narce

Hmm. I haven't heard of any that have been too loose, yet. It's always been the opposite, where if the stock muffler is removed for an after market one, the centre stand is sprung tight enough to hit the rear shock linkage struts.

You are positive on the double spring being hooked to the correct tangs, eh? Smaller spring inside the bigger spring?

Now, the centre stand is springy enough that it can bounce around a little bit mind you, my left boot heel always runs afoul of it, and I can feel it going budda budda budda, lol.

It should never droop enough to drag though!

Last edited:
yeah, it is weird, i put the smaller one in the bigger one, have the long side going to the bolt I installed at the muffler, fat side on the hook of the stand, it was very hard to install, so the spring didn't feel easy at that point. when i return the stand up, it fells loose and dangles for a few inches until the spring tension catches.

Back