• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Center stand vs. paddock stand

Zippersdad

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm thinking about getting a rear wheel paddock stand (my brother has one and it's amazing) but I also thought about a center stand instead. I like the paddock stand idea because it's MUCH less expensive than the center stand, but with a center stand you always have it with you if/when you need it.
What do you all think? :confused:
(If a thread for this already exists I apologize for making another one. I didn't find any when I searched.)

I paid the money for the center stand, for exactly the reason you mentioned...it's always with me. If I break down or get a flat, it may come in handy. I also use the center stand whenever I park at home or at work...I've done with with all my bikes over the years. I wanted to punch a guy at work yesterday because he called it a scooter stand...which I guess is what it is to those who ride racing bikes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

+1 on center stand. It's always there when you need it. No extra stuff around the garage. Look around the internet to look for a good price on a center stand.

Honda center stand is only $107. Even if the paddock stand was much less I still think the center stand is the way to go. Why? "You'll always have it with you." :)

I paid the money for the center stand, for exactly the reason you mentioned...it's always with me. If I break down or get a flat, it may come in handy. I also use the center stand whenever I park at home or at work...I've done with with all my bikes over the years.

Put me down as one for the "Center Stand". Yes, "You Always Have It With You!!!"

I use mine everytime I park the bike and all my bikes have one. It is a "Necessity" if you ask me.

I found a place on-line that is less then "List Price" Genuine Honda NC700X Center Stand. Might be able to do better if you shop around a little bit more.

Last edited:
If you go with a paddock stand you are really going to want to get a set of bobbins for the bike. Put that together with the stand and that's at least twice the price of a centre stand.

If you go with a paddock stand you are really going to want to get a set of bobbins for the bike. Put that together with the stand and that's at least twice the price of a centre stand.
No mounting holes or brackets on the swing arm, and if you get the ones that use the rear axle, they are hard to mount and not very handy when you want to remove the rear wheel.

HF stand is cheap,but it's not fun using it. will cost you about 25-30$. at $107 and free shipping from procaliber-even cheapskate like me is voting for OEM stand.
i'm putiing my old sport bike stands for sale and if they sell-buying OEM stand(but will keep one from HF )

Motorcycle Swingarm Rear Stand

I paid the money for the center stand, for exactly the reason you mentioned...it's always with me. If I break down or get a flat, it may come in handy. I also use the center stand whenever I park at home or at work...I've done with with all my bikes over the years. I wanted to punch a guy at work yesterday because he called it a scooter stand...which I guess is what it is to those who ride racing bikes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

heh..welcome to my word(DM)
year ago or so,i was at newtown liqueur store on my CBR600RR (carbon fiber body and all that s**)
guy parked his car next to the bike and shoot-"Nice scooter!"
i was **** speechless :) yeah..it's 100hp \ 200mph scooter :)
nothing will surprise me after that. not a thing :)

9d46cb52ff22.jpg

Back