• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

CBR turn signal lens - again

bigjeff

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Ok, so I saw what others did with the 2012 CBR1000R turn signal lenses and liked the look so I did it too. Took a pic of the great tab mystery mod to share with others to get them to fit properly.

Fist - buy the crap, two left - two right...lol. Dont' forget the amber bulbs, 1157 front, 1156 rear. I also ordered some red LEDs that fit the 1156 bulb hole for the rear. Hey - if Harley can use red, so can I. ;)

in packs.jpg

Then trim the tabs. If you look real close you will note the screw shaft tabs are different for the NC and CBR lenses. Everything else is the same. If you don't trim these, the lense will not fit down flush, it will be cocked slightly.

I just hit the tab briefly on the ole' grinding wheel and whala! Fits perfect. This pic is a little fuzzy, but just grind or snip or cut off the tab. Bottom lens has the tab, top lense has it ground off:

tabs.jpg

Ok, anyway, here are some poor before and after pics. Have a nice day!!!

old front.jpgnew front.jpg

Rear:

old rear.jpgnew rear.jpg

kitty.jpg

Last edited:
Looks good. Seems pretty straight forward. Gotta ask? What's the last photo? That cat doesn't look real happy.

If you don't mind what are the two part numbers for the lenses and where did you get the bulbs? I can see one number but all the lenses look like the same number to me lol.

Thanks, Matt

I did a similar mod when I had my Blackbird and switched all the amber lenses to clear. Were you aware that they make silver coated bulbs that light up amber? If you use them then you don't see the amber bulbs behind the clear lenses. Here's a source...Silver signal bulbs

Number for lenses are: 2 each of 33602-mfl-307 and 33652-mfl-307. Bulbs you can get at any autoparts store- 1156 and 1157.

Didn't know about the sivler bulbs. I wants them! ;)

edit: Just ordered a set for the front. Thanks for the link!

Last edited:
Number for lenses are: 2 each of 33602-mfl-307 and 33652-mfl-307. Bulbs you can get at any autoparts store.

Didn't know about the sivler bulbs. I wants them! ;)

I thought you might. ;) Sorry to be an "enabling farkle pusher" but we all need to help feed our addictions.

farkle farkle farkle farkle farkle farkle farkle farkle farkle farkle farkle farkle farkle farkle farkle farkle farkle farkle farkle farkle farkle farkle farkle farkle farkle farkle farkle farkle farkle farkle farkle farkle farkle farkle farkle farkle farkle farkle farkle farkle farkle farkle farkle farkle farkle farkle farkle farkle farkle farkle farkle farkle farkle farkle farkle farkle farkle farkle farkle

It's what I do.....

Nicely done. This mod is on my short list. How much were the lenses, and who makes the fender eliminator kit you have?

Lenses were like $8.00 usd each from the local honda dealer and the fenderless kit - here is a link to the thread where I did that, it is from webike:

http://nc700-forum.com/forum/nc700-mods/4571-webike-%5Bjapans%5D-daytona-fenderless-kit.html

Be careful, one of the kits has the tail light (the more exspensive one), the other you have to order it seprate but the site is not real clear- it is translated from Japanese. You can also get the tail lamp in clear if you order the fender kit and tail lamp individually.

BTW - I found 1156 and 1157 LED replacement bulbs on ebay cheaper than the titanium standard type bulbs. This lets the lenses look totally clear when the bulbs are off instead of the color of the bulb bleeding through if you are that anal about apperances which apparentyl I am. :(

Last edited:
D-104 Sivler Eagle - - she's a beaut.

n0jef here :)

station2.JPG

Last edited:
I did this mod a while a back.

Can't believe how much difference it makes to the looks of the bike, especially the front.
The back not so much, on my bike, as the lights are lost in amongst the luggage.

It's not such a cheap job in Canada, cost around C$75 for the lenses.

1469861_10151735597047061_755225193_n.jpg

Of course the wife wanted the same treatment on her bike, so we got family back in the UK to buy the smoked lenses that are standard there, and shipped them over.
They cost £11 each.

Just shows how we get ripped of to different degrees around the world.

I'm going to need to do this ASAP... do you have links for the lenses? Would be the perfect time to switch to LED bulbs too.

-Jesse

I'm going to need to do this ASAP... do you have links for the lenses? Would be the perfect time to switch to LED bulbs too.

-Jesse

Lenses can be found on any site with a HONDA OEM fische for a 2012 CBR1000R. I ended up putting LEDs in there - look much better as the color of the bulb does not bleed through. But then you need the LED flasher module. But that will be another thread.

rear w leds.jpg

4 pin.jpg

no lens.jpg

box top 2.jpg

What be those two little square black beasties in pic number 2? Flasher relays? Did you need one or both?

Moooooooar info and impressions of the LED bulbs in yer turn signals, pretty please :D

Oh, and any problems with the turn signal arrows in the dash not lighting up with all LED's, or did you leave the front signal/running light bulbs incandescent?

Last edited:
I put in all LEDs - amber in the front, red in the back. THEY ARE SOOOO FRINKIN bright!!!

The relays - one on the right is the stock mechanical flasher which hyper flashes with two LEDs and does not work at all with four LEDS. The flasher module on left is electronic, and makes no clicking noise, but flashes all fours LEDs in perfect cadence. It is an electronic timer, not a thermal bi-metalic strip like the stock flasher so it does not care about the amount of electricity drawn - it just shuts the power on and off. With the electronic flasher - everything works as it should. Got the flasher here and it plugs right in and even hooks into the stock bracket/mounting rubber:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/400574755441?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

The LED bulbs were ten bucks a set and I got them on ebay here (type in 1157 for front, 1156 for rear and get the color you want (the color of the LEDs is so bright and vivid and I especially love the red in the rear - the stock reflectors do a great job of getting the light out):

GP Thunder Xenon Bulbs 7500K 8500K 194 1156 1157 3156 3157 items in Premiertek net store on eBay!

$_1.JPG

Last edited:
Back