• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

carrying on...

StratTuner

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm taking my motorcycle out today just to enjoy LIFE.
I'm going to buy Starbucks coffee, if I can, and sit on the curb and drink it. (seating is closed in Starbucks around here.)
Two young men are planting trees in a side yard and taking money home to their families. Good, they probably need that.
I'm going to carry on.

“I would rather die on my feet than live on my knees.”
― Euripides

I know - so tired of the mass hysteria! Its like a very bad head cold or bad flu you WILL survive.
My kid has asthma and I'm not worried about this thing!
I dont want to hear a hourly update on it, and I dont care to hear for the millionth time how to wash my freakin hands!
As chicken little said - "The sky is falling!"

Going forward, I’m going to suggest that on this forum we limit any comments or debate on the COVID-19 situation to it’s impact on motorcycling or motorcycle related activities. Otherwise it could end up like discussing guns, politics, or climate change.

if ya gonna get it ya gonna get it. just have less contact with folks the better.
hence that's why we ride bike. wife and I often pack a picnic and into to the moors enjoy the view while eating and drinking a good ol chit chat then ride around and then make our way home.

My wife and I went for a beautiful spring ride a couple weeks ago, and I went for a short ride again a few days ago. Weather's beautiful here, between rainstorms (which are most welcome!); just about perfect for riding!

I've been working from home since last Friday. Corona virus and and all that.

My job usually engages me face to face with many people throughout the day in all sorts of businesses from mom & pops to facilities of the largest international conglomerates. The best part of my job is the people I meet. Also it's the worst part but that is another subject another day.

Isolated at home seems like a vacation until it's not so last night at bedtime I decided to ride a motorcycle to work today. I was determined to see the sun rise from the seat of a motorcycle, to smell the myriad of scents, to feel the difference two degrees of temperature change makes when the road dips and rises in a glen of trees, to ride through twilight & darkness only to see the tinges of pink, blue, and gold in the east and finally the sun over the horizon. To see if I can drag a peg in a particular corner. To let God show me that his creation is still new and beautiful and made for his children to enjoy.

So I got up a little early, dressed and left 45 minutes before sunrise on dawn patrol. Though I live in an urban area I know a few roads along the St. Johns River that qualify and I made haste when I could, suffered traffic when I had to, and found I still am not able to touch a peg down on the new-to-me RT.

In an hour fifteen I was back home, the motorcycle softly making the ticking noises of hot metal cooling off, my mind cleared and ready for the day. Coming into the house the dogs were happy to see me again so soon and my wife was still softly sleeping. 8 AM and time for a cup of coffee.

Part of what riding to work did for me was just seeing the world around me is still up and going, with people going to work, with congestion in the usual places, people going about their business. This meant more to me then I imagined it would. The world is spinning like usual, life will go on, normalcy will return, and in that sunrise I know that Romans 8:28 and 1 Thessalonians 5:16 are as true today as when Paul wrote them and when my heart first understood them.

Have a wonderful day!

I came to Florida (gainesville area) last week.. i was only taking a week but the bose emailed me and told me to take another week since the college is now working with skeleton crew only. Yea, been riding my little klx250sf a couple of hours everyday between williston, gainesville and ocala-found a private residence with 5 zebras in his field. May ride over and around cedar key in the next couple of days.

So far, my daily life hasnt really changed. My company went to official work from home for every in N.A., some 40k people. However, my job cant be done from home, so with no one in the office (we have 17 of 700 in the office right now, spread over 5 floors). Traffic is light, which is nice. I'm lucky with my job being able to still work from the office.

Once I can see if my budget gets normalized, I am going to get a couple of my friends who are bar tenders to come by and do some spring cleaning on my yard. they both do landscaping as well. Too many people were forced out of work, and considering unemployment only covers base wages, the servers are pretty much screwed.

The Bangor Daily News made this infographic to share:

ETfZuHCXkAEpn7W

Hording is one hella problem! Stores have been out of toilet paper for about a week here, though after initial frenzies, foodstocks stabilized (for now). Local Costco service desk remarked that the store sold out of vast quantities of toilet paper within ten minutes of opening. The parking lot activity was straight out of an Armageddon film! I'm guessing Montanans are more worried about crapping than they are eating. I'm also guessing they will be ingesting toilet paper at some point, so that they can crap some more.

I came to Florida (gainesville area) last week.. i was only taking a week but the bose emailed me and told me to take another week since the college is now working with skeleton crew only. Yea, been riding my little klx250sf a couple of hours everyday between williston, gainesville and ocala-found a private residence with 5 zebras in his field. May ride over and around cedar key in the next couple of days.
If the zebras are at the place just south of CR320 I believe that that place is a rehab or retirement facility for exotic animals. I've seen at various times gazelles or antelopes, large hoofed animals ( zebras and perhaps wildebeasts ??), ostriches or emus (these will come right up to the fence out of curiosity) in the pastures by the road. Just north or south of there there is a gated property with images of elephants on the masonry gate posts but we have never seen animals from the road.

Will be starting second week of remote learning on Monday. All districts are shuttered and news is trickling in today (3/20) that many districts will remain closed at least until May (!). Went to work on Monday, and was told to grab as much as I can to support students remotely and to leave the building.

We are the state with the oldest median population and there is real worry with all the senior citizens up here how we will get them in beds if they need to be hospitalized...

I'm in a coastal vacation area and if this lasts till May (I suspect it will) it will be devastating to the State's economy. Thinking of loading up my Tacoma and going all Red Dawn somewhere in the mountains...

Going forward, I’m going to suggest that on this forum we limit any comments or debate on the COVID-19 situation to it’s impact on motorcycling or motorcycle related activities. Otherwise it could end up like discussing guns, politics, or climate change.
I do hope the good folks here will restrain themselves from non-motorcycle related stuff. I’ve stopped visiting the ADVRider and BMW MOA forums because too many could not.

If the zebras are at the place just south of CR320 I believe that that place is a rehab or retirement facility for exotic animals. I've seen at various times gazelles or antelopes, large hoofed animals ( zebras and perhaps wildebeasts ??), ostriches or emus (these will come right up to the fence out of curiosity) in the pastures by the road. Just north or south of there there is a gated property with images of elephants on the masonry gate posts but we have never seen animals from the road.
That is the place with the zebras...the place with the elephant images on gate posts does have rescued elephants..they have had them in williston during the peanut festival.

Hording is one hella problem! Stores have been out of toilet paper for about a week here, though after initial frenzies, foodstocks stabilized (for now). Local Costco service desk remarked that the store sold out of vast quantities of toilet paper within ten minutes of opening. The parking lot activity was straight out of an Armageddon film! I'm guessing Montanans are more worried about crapping than they are eating. I'm also guessing they will be ingesting toilet paper at some point, so that they can crap some more.

I genuinely don't get the toilet paper thing. I believe it started in Australia and then social media did the rest. Same situation here for a while but it has calmed down for now.

Reactions: MZ5
I genuinely don't get the toilet paper thing. I believe it started in Australia and then social media did the rest. Same situation here for a while but it has calmed down for now.

In Canada, the insanity was compounded by the rolling rail protests. Everyone was on edge due to supply chain impacts, so when we heard about a TP shortage on top of it, some people went overboard in a hurry.

Back