• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Carmel colored oil lol

Silver_Commuter

Reaction score
Visit site
My great deal on a 2012 NX700
2000 miles ! ( Saga)
( didn't know the bike sat outside all summer un covered).....

1st Oil/ airfilter Change !
Air filter was lost mint...
Oil....!?!

No anti freeze missing , no white smoke...

Attachments

• 20220305_115531.jpg
    20220305_115531.jpg
    508.3 KB · Views: 52
With only 2k miles in almost 10 years, it's likely that oil has been in the crankcase way too long.
Who knows, it could be the original factory oil.
It looks like the engine hasn't reached hot enough temps to boil off the condensed combustion water.
Antifreeze in the oil makes the oil look almost milky; your pic shows water dilution.
Not to worry IMHO.

Could this be a case where someone starts the engine periodically for no reason other than to hear it run, or they think they are doing something good, but doesn’t let it get up to operating temperature?

Last edited:
Would tend to agree with the above comments regarding engine not reaching good operating temperature. Personally I would change the new oil after the first good long ride because not all of that contaminated oil will have come out on the change You just did.

I agree it looks contaminated.
I'd change both oil and filter again after a long ride just to flush out the engine and for peace of mind.

I'd change it out again soon. I wouldn't use expensive engine oil just yet ( if you do at all).....ride bike for maybe 100 miles, change it out.......repeat again.
Then, if your satisfied with the color of the oil , use your preferred $$$ oil.
Just my take.

Great
Next oil change was all mint condition oil ( better safe then sorry)
I commute daily as well as weekend day trips with others...

Took a trip out to Byron Raceway
I am Chitowndualsport on insta
(If you want to see a run )
Silver… just noticed you seem to be in Chicago metro. I’m from the city, Edison Park, born and raised, but live in Florida now.

Back