• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

can you do the same with nc750x ?

W

wildeone

I wish honda could see this, why they couldn't do this in the first place.

[video=youtube;OyUFCtpwOuc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OyUFCtpwOuc[/video]

Because they wanted to make a economical workhorse for the masses that would also be easy for a new rider to learn on.
Honda hit one out of the park with the NC. When they brought the NCX out. I put a deposit on one and then waited months for it to arrive.
For the NC to be a hit with me, it needed to be reliable, great fuel mileage and be comfortable enough to ride extended distances.
I wanted it to beat a 50 mpg average. (I had a car that I have got 56 mpg out of 44 mpg average.)
It needed to be able to keep up with traffic on a muti thousand mile journey.
The valve maintenance on this bike(cylinder placement was icing on the cake.)
I don't think Honda will loose any sleep with their choice on the NC they way they designed it because it was a hit.
If they made it a tall 50/50, they would loose a ton of sales from the commuters.

comparing to regular CB500

[video=youtube;R4fZoqMqb0c]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4fZoqMqb0c[/video]

Looks really nice, but the high seat height puts me off. I was considering a new Kawasaki Versys, but I need a set of ladders to get onto the bike. Its a good bike but the seat height is too high for me to be comfortable.

I wish honda could see this, why they couldn't do this in the first place.

Because if they did, instead of selling thousands, and thousands, and thousands of NCX's, they *might* sell a couple hundred. If they were lucky. And because they would already know not a lot of average motorcycle buyers were going to purchase them, they would have to sell them for many thousands of dollars higher initial price. That's if any dealers accepted them in the first place.

Then after investing in all that engineering tech, tooling machines, warehouse inventory stock, and supplier stream contracts, they lose their shirt because so few people bought them, and promptly scrap the failed attempt.

Then none of us get cheap and fun NCX's for many successful model years that we can modify ourselves, as much as we wish.

That's why. :p

example for the U.S. Market..........they brought in the Transalp in 89-90........great bike did not sell well discontinued in the U.S. and sold well in the Europe market for years.
There a dozens of other examples.......just a few .......CX500-650 turbo, CB1, NT650, PC800, CBX, vfr500, GB500, FT500, VTR250, NX250, NX650

Many of these in the U.S. sell for more today than they did new...........

The best modern day example......will be Africa Twin .........HUGE question will it sell in the U.S. ?????? My guess is yes......but the market is very fickle and price sensitive.

Back to the NC.........best marketing decision ever.......was bringing the bike to the U.S. at a very low price

Last edited:
Back to the NC.........best marketing decision ever.......was bringing the bike to the U.S. at a very low price

but do we know how well actually sells nc700x series? Somehow I don't see it in Europe everywhere...
Besides honda could make few versions of nc - didn't have to put nc750x into adventure category where it really doesn't belong (neither CB500X does)
but make nc750 xt version with spoked wheels and better suspension. Everybody would be happy.

That "Adventure" hype is very good marketing tool recently but has nothing to do with really the segment.
As a matter of fact honda has only crf250l properly categorized there.

I think AT will sell goo because unfortunately honda made it like a pig, close to R1200GS :)
and that beamer sells well.

Last edited by a moderator:
One reason: $$$$. The full Rally Raid package for the cb500 is over $2000. I know I wouldn't spend over $7000 msrp for a 500 cc motorcycle and if they put it on the NC700, I wouldn't pay over $9000 msrp for a 670cc motorcycle (we don't get the 750). Honda introduced the NC700 at a certain price point and I wouldn't want the rally raid package anyways (I had a dual sport-bmw g650gs-which I traded in on the NC700x). The NC700x goes anywhere I want it to go (don't want to do single track and off road-not my cup of tea).

but do we know how well actually sells nc700x series? Somehow I don't see it in Europe everywhere...
Besides honda could make few versions of nc - didn't have to put nc750x into adventure category where it really doesn't belong (neither CB500X does)
but make nc750 xt version with spoked wheels and better suspension. Everybody would be happy.

That "Adventure" hype is very good marketing tool recently but has nothing to do with really the segment.
As a matter of fact honda has only crf250l properly categorized there.

I think AT will sell goo because unfortunately honda made it like a pig, close to R1200GS :)
and that beamer sells well.

Depends on your definition of 'adventure': the word has different meaning for different people. Adventure does not necessarily mean single track, off-road, or dirt roads. To me, every time I am on my bikes, I am on an adventure. Heck, the other day, I took my Suzuki C50 Boulevard cruiser up a road I wouldn't necessarily take my Jeep Cherokee on. I have ridden dirt, sand, deep gravel but don't like too-seems like too much work and I don't enjoy it. My favorite riding is along rivers, streams, thru hills on paved country roads, which is an adventure deciding where to go and where I end up. Many riders on the BMW forums don't think the 1200gs is an adventure bike because of its weight or the bmw g650gs is an adventure bike because of its suspension travel but they sell well advertised as 'adventure' bikes.

There are also reasons manufacturers like bikes at certain price points. They don't want to cannibalize sales of the Africa Twin for people with the green to get one of those.

Back