• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Can The NC700X DCT Handle Me?

BigBen30

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello everyone, I'm new to the NC700 forum. I'm strongly looking at the 2014/2015 NC700X DCT, but before I buy it, I wanted to be sure it could handle me at my weight. I weigh about 280lbs but I'm losing weight so hopefully I won't be this big for long. Can the NC700X DCT carry me around good enough though without any problems? I just want to mostly ride in the state of West Virginia but I may want to ride to Myrtle Beach once a year (500 miles from my house in Ripley, West Virginia. I just wanted to know if it would have enough power to move me up and down some of the steep West Virginia mountains/hills? I'm not a speed junkie. I would like to be able to cruise at 65mph though. Any advice and assistance is greatly appreciated! Thanks.

I am 6', 250#. Not a small guy, and I have had it fully loaded for camping and have had no issue hitting and maintaining 75 mph on the highways when needed. As for twisties, just use common sense and slow down a bit. The bike will easily handle what gets thrown at it.

I'm 6'5", 255. I have no problems. I regularly ride with a Gold Wing and a Valkyrie and have no issues keeping pace, whether it's around the area or up to Bike Week.

I weigh about 280lbs but I'm losing weight so hopefully I won't be this big for long. Can the NC700X DCT carry me around good enough though without any problems?

You will not have any issues, do not sweat it... :cool:

These bikes can easily haul around 600 lbs. It's all about where you place and distribute the weight. Added weight will effect both the handling and the braking. Drive slower and give yourself plenty of space and time for braking. Also make sure that you inflate the tires to the recommended pressures for the added weight too.

Hope to hear back from you again after you got the bike... :)

I am fat, short, and ugly. None of my finer attributes have effected the NC7 in over 60,000 miles. The only problem I have is when I stop and fall over, other wise works great.

Riding with OCR last weekend, fully laden with camping gear, going uphill into a strong head wind, my NC hit the wall. I was doing 69mph and for the first time , was WOT and it wouldn't go any faster. That only lasted for a few seconds but it did surprise me -
Given all the circumstances, it performed just like any other bike is size would have.

If I recall the maximum allowable cargo weight (rider, cargo, accessories) for the NC700X is around 385 lbs. It is marked on the DOT placard on the frame headstock. If you hit 69 mph uphill under full throttle - downshift a gear or two.

If I recall the maximum allowable cargo weight (rider, cargo, accessories) for the NC700X is around 385 lbs. It is marked on the DOT placard on the frame headstock. If you hit 69 mph uphill under full throttle - downshift a gear or two.

Dave, I heard your wife has been down for awhile. Hope she is better now!

Dave, I heard your wife has been down for awhile. Hope she is better now!
Tis true OCR. It's been a tough row for her to hoe the last 5 weeks but things are looking brighter this week. She still has a way to go if we can get her out of ICU.

I'm 6 foot and 200 right now but was 225. I ride two up with my kids all the time so add another 80 or 130 to that depending on the kid and I have never had an issue.

Tis true OCR. It's been a tough row for her to hoe the last 5 weeks but things are looking brighter this week. She still has a way to go if we can get her out of ICU.

I believe that one of the hardest things ever for me was when my wife could no longer ride. Wish her and you the best!

I am 255 and I have had to down shift to fifth to maintain 65 mph on some steep hills. But that is why we have a gearbox. The bike has such good low end I get used to running pretty low rpms in most conditions. It is more common when fully loaded with all the camping gear, which would not be considered light.

If a Honda C90 can handle a rider and a pile of gear from Alaska to Patagonia including offroad, then an NC can handle You with the greatest of ease. The big question is of course....can you handle the NC ??

Thank you everyone for the advice!!! I am going to our local Honda dealer on Monday to order my bike. Either a 2014 or a 2015 NC700X DCT (color: red). The dealer told me he'd let me know on Monday when the bike would arrive once I order it. I'm super excited!!! Can't wait to enjoy life on 2 wheels!

Congrats on your order! You'll love the NC, it hauls my big butt around with ease and puts a smile on my face every time I ride it.

belrix

its a bit hard on bumps, thought about getting a better shock i'm at 260 and have full luggage sides and back. the only drag is giving the big bottom girls a ride is a bit of a scare ,no problem yet but it rides lower and have to avoid the bumps

Back