• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Can I do a 130/80/17 tire up front with a 170/60/17 in the back with the Shinko 705's?

sfatemian

Reaction score
Visit site
I know it's recommend for front 130/80 and back 150/70 (if you're trying to go for a off road look and feel). But i dont want to make my back tire skinnier if I dont have to because I like a fatter look honestly.

I also know that if I put 130/80 up front and go to a 170/60 in the back, then the front tire will be maybe a little too high? Is this even possible to consider?

2014 NC700X

I know it's recommend for front 130/80 and back 150/70 (if you're trying to go for a off road look and feel). But i dont want to make my back tire skinnier if I dont have to because I like a fatter look honestly.

I also know that if I put 130/80 up front and go to a 170/60 in the back, then the front tire will be maybe a little too high? Is this even possible to consider?

2014 NC700X

#1 thing is don't change tire sizes if you have the DCT model.

If manual model, I question why you want a fat rear aggressive tire? The whole point of going to offroad tires is to cut through stuff, going wider is sort of counterintuitive to running a more aggressive tire. That said, it will probably fit, because I have seen others running a 180/55 sport tire, but have very little clearance between tire and chain.

Front tire would probably fit, but what benefits would it provide over 120/70? You after looks moreso than performance?

#1 thing is don't change tire sizes if you have the DCT model.

If manual model, I question why you want a fat rear aggressive tire? The whole point of going to offroad tires is to cut through stuff, going wider is sort of counterintuitive to running a more aggressive tire. That said, it will probably fit, because I have seen others running a 180/55 sport tire, but have very little clearance between tire and chain.

Front tire would probably fit, but what benefits would it provide over 120/70? You after looks moreso than performance?

Hey there thanks for replying and don't laugh but YES I am going for looks. For long distances I put the bike in the back of my truck, and when I do get to the lake or something I just kinda cruise around the lake and do light off-roading. Other than that I zoom around my city at home on city streets no highway,dont go over 60-70 mph for the most part.

I know Ill lose a little maneuverability going big on front and back but my main concern is am I asking for a wreck with that combo listed (130/80 FRONT - 170/60 BACK) because at that point the front tire will be like .04" taller than the back

OK so using the calculator
it looks like the difference between the 170/60 and the 150/70 is 3 mm on the sidewall height. At this point I'm just gonna go for it. Ill post pics and let ya know how it feels. Thank you

Trying to remember but I think the 130/80 705 will just fit under the front fender. I lifted my front fender for mud clearance. The handling will change with the different tire sizes so take it easy at first. The steering will probably be a little bit slower than stock.

2014 NC700X
SHINKO 705's
130/80 front
170/60 rear

thanks for the advice. It changes the handling a little bit slower like you said but I kinda like it. Smoother straighten out and honestly when I slam on the breaks going 60 i pretty much just grind to a halt no skidding. The tires are sticky as hell and awesome.

Attachments

• NC700x 3.jpg
    NC700x 3.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 52
Back