Camping with CPAP

Rainier

Reaction score
I wired in a voltage regulated relay and put a spare battery in the frunk. Bought the ResMed 12v adapter.
Battery charges while riding. The relay feeds the battery when voltage is above, uh, 13?
I tested it for two nights without charging and could have probably done three.
I love wiring, so this was a fun project. The ResMed piece was the single most expensive item..
Used it on a couple 7-9 day camping trips without a hitch.

Afan

Elite Member
Reaction score
And 4 years later still "in development" :(

"... The Airing micro-CPAP device is currently in development and not yet available. The timing of the development of complex and innovative technologies is difficult to predict precisely. Delay in achieving one milestone affects the remaining development process..."

Afan

Elite Member
Reaction score
I wired in a voltage regulated relay and put a spare battery in the frunk. Bought the ResMed 12v adapter.
Battery charges while riding. The relay feeds the battery when voltage is above, uh, 13?
I tested it for two nights without charging and could have probably done three.
I love wiring, so this was a fun project. The ResMed piece was the single most expensive item..
Used it on a couple 7-9 day camping trips without a hitch.
Hey Rainer,
Can you please post more info? Some pictures too?
Thanks.

Rainier

Reaction score
Let me find some time. I'm a university prof finishing the semester on line, which I detest. Huge time sucker. Don't have any pics but I can tell you what I did. It does work well for me.

Afan

Elite Member
Reaction score
Let me find some time. I'm a university prof finishing the semester on line, which I detest. Huge time sucker. Don't have any pics but I can tell you what I did. It does work well for me.
No problem. Thanks.