• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

California Scientific windshields

Outrider1

Reaction score
Visit site
Still accessorizing and getting down to which windshield to buy. Narrowed it down to the CS.

The CS seems to cover all the bases that I'm looking for, just need to hear from those who have/had one and did it hold up and do the job it's advertised to do.

In the distant past, the Cal Sci screens had problems. One problem was the windshield cracking at the front vent hole. Another was concern over the windshield coming off because they were originally mounting them with the stock Honda well nuts. Time has passed since the Cal Sci screen’s introduction. There are many old threads on the product. Here is one: https://nc700-forum.com/threads/my-calsci-windshield.883/page-1

Reading the installation instructions on California Scientific’s web site, I see they are still mounting the screen with the stock rubber well nuts. In my opinion any screen larger than Honda’s stock shorty screen requires metal nutplates instead of expanding rubber well nuts. Even Honda goes to a better mount with their accessory touring windscreen. Also, with Madstad windscreens, they send you metal nutplates to use, not the stock rubber well nuts. Cal Sci should start doing the same.

In the distant past, the Cal Sci screens had problems. One problem was the windshield cracking at the front vent hole. Another was concern over the windshield coming off because they were originally mounting them with the stock Honda well nuts. Time has passed since the Cal Sci screen’s introduction. There are many old threads on the product. Here is one: https://nc700-forum.com/threads/my-calsci-windshield.883/page-1

Reading the installation instructions on California Scientific’s web site, I see they are still mounting the screen with the stock rubber well nuts. In my opinion any screen larger than Honda’s stock shorty screen requires metal nutplates instead of expanding rubber well nuts. Even Honda goes to a better mount with their accessory touring windscreen. Also, with Madstad windscreens, they send you metal nutplates to use, not the stock rubber well nuts. Cal Sci should start doing the same.
So what I'm hearing is that if you use a set of the brackets that are height adjustable the CS would be more stable and less likely to crack?

So what I'm hearing is that if you use a set of the brackets that are height adjustable the CS would be more stable and less likely to crack?
I don't know. I never owned a CalSci; I just read about them on this forum.

Back