• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Buying parts from Partzilla

Afan

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Do you see anything "wrong" here? Something you would do it differently?

Screenshot 2020-10-21 220316.png

Those are rip-off prices at partzilla. Only 2% discount? You might want to shop around.

For example, internet pricing on the OEM air filter:
partzilla.com $46.44.
procaliber.com $42.80.
cheapcycleparts.com $41.85
rockymtnatvmc.com $39.00.

As a side note, we had a former Honda dealer and fellow forum member confirm compatibilty of an alternate NGK spark plug that is substantially less expensive than the one Honda installs.

Last edited:
Those are rip off prices. Only 2% discount? Have you shopped around?

For example, the air filter:
partzilla $46.44.
procaliber.com $42.80.
cheapcycleparts.com $41.85
rockymtnatvmc.com $39.00.

This is from hondapartsnation.com
The prices are lower, about $40, but I have to pay shipping. The mistake I made was that the ZIP was for other state and if showed about $20 S&H and about $10-$15 tax. At the end was a bit less than $10 cheaper than Partzilla, but I already ordered several times parts from Partzilla and have good experience.
And then, when I was making the screenshot to post it here I realized the wrong ZIP. I entered correct one and S&H is couple buckmore, but no tax. So the price is about $20 lower. It's the winner!!! :DScreenshot 2020-10-21 230931.png

Last edited:
Do your shopping and go for the best bottom line price.

Amazon has just some of the parts I'm looking for.
Any other online store to look at?

Ronayers.com

air filter $35.32.

I don't know about shipping or tax.

Do your shopping and go for the best bottom line price.

You're right, free shipping. The prices are couple bucks higher but w/o shipping cost it's less at the end.
Although,it shows the picture of the DCT secondary oil filter but the Mfg # is the same as the "regular"oil filter?!?Screenshot 2020-10-21 234447.png

In which section is the secondary oil filter, DCT, Mfg. # 15412-MGS-D21 ? I can't find it?!?

Seeing this thread got me to look in the service manual for when to change the spark plugs.....wow, really, replace spark plugs at 32,000 miles....(I have 57,000 miles on mine). Thought it would be higher.....never looked....bike runs fine......I thought the mile interval would just be longer....My 2001 Jeep Cherokee had a 50,000 mile replacement and the 2006 Ford Fusion was 100,000 miles (as is our current Prius and Elantra)......Thanks AFan, you got be thinking to look in the service manual....Guess I will add this to my winter maintenance for the bike, along with an air filter replacement...

We’ve had discussions in the past about spark plug life. I’d find the threads but some seem to have been lost with forum software changes. There was no scientific study, just conjecture. NGK themselves has said that their iridium plugs, like the OEM NC plugs, should last around 70,000 miles. Honda, typically conservative with maintenance intervals, is saying 32,000 miles.

People would do well to follow Honda's plug change schedule, but I personally find it rather ridiculous. By comparison automobile engines run plugs far longer than 32,000 miles. I still have the original NC plugs in use at over 46,000 miles and have no intention of changing them any time soon.

We’ve had discussions in the past about spark plug life. I’d find the threads but some seem to have been lost with forum software changes. There was no scientific study, just conjecture. NGK themselves has said that their iridium plugs, like the OEM NC plugs, should last around 70,000 miles. Honda, typically conservative with maintenance intervals, is saying 32,000 miles.

People would do well to follow Honda's plug change schedule, but I personally find it rather ridiculous. By comparison automobile engines run plugs far longer than 32,000 miles. I still have the original NC plugs in use at over 46,000 miles and have no intention of changing them any time soon.
Yep, remember those posts; out of curiosity, I checked the service manual on my 2007 Suzuki C50 Boulevard....its service manual state replace spark plugs every 7500 miles or each year...WTH....I have 102,000 miles on it and changed spark plugs once (at 28,000 miles-thrown in by local mom/pop shop when I had a valve check done by them-they are also my part-time neighbors). It also has the same schedule to replace the gas lines and spark plug cables....LOL...think they want the dealerships to get more service jobs than anything else..my last fill up on the C50, got 52 mpg which is in line from what I have always got(worst average 42 mpg riding Interstate from Indiana to Key West Florida-best, average 61 mpg in the Smokies). Back to the Honda, has 57,000 miles on it, OEM spark plugs and air filter, and my last fillup I got 71 mpg...

Thanks guys for the comments. I really appreciate it.
Yes, you're right, I should inspect the spark plugs before I purchase new one.
The air filter I cleaned about a month ago, after some gravel and dust riding. It already had small oily spot at the bottom (or the top?!? :D)

Thanks guys for the comments. I really appreciate it.
Yes, you're right, I should inspect the spark plugs before I purchase new one.
The air filter I cleaned about a month ago, after some gravel and dust riding. It already had small oily spot at the bottom (or the top?!? :D)

I was checking the date and the photos when I replaced my air filter. Actually it was end of May last year?!?!? At "Tech Day" at Guy's place. I thought it happened couple years ago... This 2020 is really WAY to long... :(
Nope, it's to early for new air filter...

I was checking the date and the photos when I replaced my air filter. Actually it was end of May last year?!?!? At Tech Meet at Guy's place
As with the spark plugs, owners can set their own air filter change intervals, if desired. I change my filter at no sooner than 25,000 mile intervals. In my opinion, the NC filter has a huge surface area relative to the engine displacement, which should easily accommodate long replacement intervals.

Back