• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Buddy Store Case

Too heavy. That would hose your center of gravity and could crack a subframe if the urge to overload it hit.

There is a guy here who does door dash on a KTM with a box very similar. I see him all over, he must do a ton of deliveries.

Like anything else you just need to know your limits.

I would like to see a bracket that could be used to hold the pelican style cases, so you could use a larger or smaller case as needed.

The things people do with 3D printers is amazing.

It looks like a marvelous piece of engineering with great functionality. Not my cup of tea for the way I use a bike, but looks great for those that run errands.

Thanks for your comments guys! I will answer in order:
1. Ugly: Yea, my wife had a similar comment, but she was less tactful. I'm starting to think I probably don't need to waste time locking it to the bike anymore (security feature).
It does seem like folks see me quicker now and don't pull out on me. Fortunately, it does come off easily when you don't need it.
2. I could easily weight-reduce it since it was overdesigned, but it was just a pandemic project. I did rubberize the floor for impact which added a pound, and I am careful with the gross weight and its placement.
3. Having a large cube case that you don't have to bend over to use is very handy.
4. Thanks. It was a special design... probably not a very popular configuration due to appearance and mounting access, but it is totally removable if not needed.
I just thought it would be good to check if anyone saw issues.

I know it comes off easy, but if you could make it so fuel ups could be done with the box on, you would really have something. I’d say cut the size in half, lose the wheels and extending handle and make it so you could fuel up without removing the box.

Either way, I’m still impressed!

Very nice work! Very glad that you are happy with it. Curious if you used digital or laser measuring to make it fit. I guess maybe the question is did you get the measurements right the first time?

Regarding a handy fuel-up mod, it would be nice, but I probably wouldn't attempt that because I also use the bike with the case removed.
Regarding the Fit-up, that was really the tough part. I would use my scanner for that now. But at the time, I just placed a glass plate over the grab rails and leveled it at the desired height. I took photos at right angles, made a transparency profile and used a digital caliper to generate points. I traced the profiles in Solidworks and adjusted to the measurements. Then I 3D printed a simple fixture which I used for minor adjustments. That was pretty close, so I printed the feet. Finally, I added a slurry to the final fit surface and let it solidify in place for a good fit.

Regarding a handy fuel-up mod, it would be nice, but I probably wouldn't attempt that because I also use the bike with the case removed.
Regarding the Fit-up, that was really the tough part. I would use my scanner for that now. But at the time, I just placed a glass plate over the grab rails and leveled it at the desired height. I took photos at right angles, made a transparency profile and used a digital caliper to generate points. I traced the profiles in Solidworks and adjusted to the measurements. Then I 3D printed a simple fixture which I used for minor adjustments. That was pretty close, so I printed the feet. Finally, I added a slurry to the final fit surface and let it solidify in place for a good fit.
Very interesting process. Thanks for this response.

Back