• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Brake Flasher "cop lights"

BFair

Reaction score
Visit site
I use these on all my bikes, pricy but effective. Whelan Lin 3 red led. Very bright cop light flasher, always gets attention. I have a switch if I'm riding in a group and they find it distracting. Wired into brake light only.
IMG_20200812_120335.jpgIMG_20200812_120413.jpgIMG_20200812_120430.jpg

Yes, This is usually the second upgrade to a new-to-me bike but lots of less expensive alternatives to Whelen TR and LN3s. Strobes and More are a good resource online.

Darkside sighting! Heresy! Hang the witch! ; }
I think it's a Spyder three wheeler.

You're running an auto rear tire!
We met a Valkrie rider in the Ashville, NC area back in the 90's running a 225 size auto tire.
He had no problem but you know he had very little contact patch in turns.

Spyder is My wife's.....I'm just the mechanic. I don't care for them. She gets a well maintained Spyder, I get 7 bikes to enjoy. Got my lights at Strobes and More also,
much cheaper.

Watch the witch remarks, her knick name is "Rolling Thunder" Retired Fed prison worker.

You're running an auto rear tire!
We met a Valkrie rider in the Ashville, NC area back in the 90's running a 225 size auto tire.
Note the BRP logo. That’s a clue that it’s a Spyder, a non-leaning three wheel machine. That’s the type of tire they run.

I'll take the photo down if it's that offensive! For the record, Aprilia makes the 990 vee twin engine, if that makes anyone feel better.

What other strobes you using. I find the China stuff to be not bright enough. I'm really going for the psychological impact with the cop strobe.

What other strobes you using. I find the China stuff to be not bright enough. I'm really going for the psychological impact with the cop strobe.
Ditto with their LED stop/tail/turn lights

I'll take the photo down if it's that offensive! For the record, Aprilia makes the 990 vee twin engine, if that makes anyone feel better.
Uhh, Aprilia bought that engine from Rotax. It's not designed or manufactured by Aprilia.

I've used the Whelen Lin3, the Strobes N More E3, and the Feniex T3. You can't tell the difference in light output, they are all very bright and sold by a customer of mine that sells the equipment for and fully outfitted vehicles to the military, law enforcement, and emergency/fire rescue agencies. I don't know about the Feniex country of manufacture but the E3s are made in the USA.

Last edited:
If the bike is sufficiently heavy (and powerful enough to minimize the tire's unsprung weight difference) and the tire choice is good, you can get easily get just as much contact patch as an MC tire. Friend bought one for his self-customized and painted Honda VTX 1800 for $56 and he had over 30,000 miles on the tire when he sold the bike and it still had a lot of tread – probably good for another 20 to 30 thou. Pressure right and it doesn't ride on the sidewall on steep leans, the tread surface does all the work. I've ridden behind him at 70-75 on lots of curves where we are pushing pretty hard and it's just no big deal. Last time I checked there were "darkside" lists on the net that listed bike, tire choice and pressure found to best work for that combo.

2016-08-27 15;54;19 by greenboy, on Flickr

Back