• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Braided stainless steel brake lines?

pismocycleguy

Reaction score
Visit site
Has anyone discovered a source for braided SS brake lines for non-ABS Honda NC700X bikes?
I've checked Spiegler and Galfer for ready made lines but could not find anything.
Any suggestions? :confused:

Last edited:
When we talked about this prior the general consensus was braided lines were not needed and would offer little or no gains for the cost involved. At that time there were no vendors mentioned.

You can build you own lines from companies like goodridge and spiegler. All you have to do find the right banjo (probably 10mm) and the right angle (0 45 90 degrees). Then you just pick the color, construction and length of the line you would like. That is one way to go or just wait until someone comes out with a bike specific product. That is the only thing bad about buying the first year of a bike, you have to wait for products to be made. I still can't find a chain and sprocket kit all together for this bike, finally racetech came out with the emulator I'm excited for that.

They helped my KLR650

When we talked about this prior the general consensus was braided lines were not needed and would offer little or no gains for the cost involved. At that time there were no vendors mentioned.
Showkey,
They sure helped my KLR650 which only had one front disc like the NC700X.
I am willing to be the Guinea Pig for this product, and also upgrade the brake pads.
It's worth a try. Can't hurt, except your wallet!

I built my own using Goodridge hose and 3AN banjo fittings when I changed my non-ABS caliper over for an ABS caliper. The only sticking point was that the stock hose has a molded clamp in the middle of it that you will have to fabricate for your new hose. I would not have done it for braking improvement as I don't think the different hose makes that much difference. However, faced with needing a custom hose, it seemed like the way to go.

Showkey,
They sure helped my KLR650 which only had one front disc like the NC700X.
I am willing to be the Guinea Pig for this product, and also upgrade the brake pads.
It's worth a try. Can't hurt, except your wallet!

The NC can chirp the front tire with two or three finger braking..............but I guess it could be better?

On the can't hurt theme........aggressive pads can create excessive rotor wear.

Rotor worn too thin and dished due to agressive pads (non Honda pads on a Honda rotor NOT a NC)

IMG_2143.JPG

Center of the rotor braking surface was worn over 1.5mm under the service limit. The picture was to show the rotor surface is no longer flat and has dished wear.

Last edited:
Check out Streamline Industries-Rancho Cucamonga,Ca. (streamlinebrakes.com)..ATV universal brake lines 20" for rear & 38" for front..Fit & finish very nice-clear plastic coated lines with chrome banjo fittings & included bolts-$39 ea. very reasonable..Fit was perfect & look m
uch better..Hard pressure at levers with no sponginess from expanding stock rubber hose..

Braided Brake Line Replacement Finally Found

Check out Streamline Industries-Rancho Cucamonga,Ca. (streamlinebrakes.com)..ATV universal brake lines 20" for rear & 38" for front..Fit & finish very nice-clear plastic coated lines with chrome banjo fittings & included bolts-$39 ea. very reasonable..Fit was perfect & look much better..Hard pressure at levers with no sponginess from expanding stock rubber hose..

Check out Streamline Industries-Rancho Cucamonga,Ca. (streamlinebrakes.com)..ATV universal brake lines 20" for rear & 38" for front..Fit & finish very nice-clear plastic coated lines with chrome banjo fittings & included bolts-$39 ea. very reasonable..Fit was perfect & look much better..Hard pressure at levers with no sponginess from expanding stock rubber hose..

Is stock front 38"? Should one consider adding an inch or two to accommodate handlebar risers?

Is stock front 38"? Should one consider adding an inch or two to accommodate handlebar risers?

Good point. I replaced my front line to accommodate a 2 inch riser and a slight re-routing due to my hand guards. I think you are correct the the stock line is 38" from tip to tip. If IRC, I made my new line 40.5 inches. If anything it is a hair long, so 40 inches would be good.

Note to all, this is the hose length for the non-ABS front brake. ABS model will differ.

Last edited:
One other point I'd like to share. You should have all brake lines the same if you have ABS. If you want braided, you should replace all of them.
It won't matter much now as the NC's aren't very old. As they age though, you can blow out a regular line before a braided one.

When you come to your major service it's a simple job to do, and since you've gotta bleed the lines anyway, it makes sense to do it. I change all of my rubber brake lines, on every bike I've ever had, to steel or kevlar. The flex does actually make a difference, and overtime it flexes more and robs efficiency from the braking system. Cheap upgrade, lasts forever, and fantastic.

Goodridge, Spiegler, or Galfer will do the trick.

Guys,

Would I be ordering these from the streamlinebrakes.com ? I selected the 42" since I plan on adding the 3.5" ROX risers.

Streamline Brakes

Thanks in advance.

Not sure why you are buying an ATV kit with two hoses. Does your bike have the early combined ABS with two hoses? Either way, since differences in routing can affect the needed length, and because a hose that is even a little too long or short can be devilish to properly position, I would recommend to measure with a wire to see what you really need. Do so for each hose if you have the two hose caliper.

Last point, on my installation a 15 degree bend on both banjos was needed. I do not think the straight banjos will work very well.

Hi Beemerphile,

Someone posted this site earlier in this thread and I was wondering how exactly one would order a longer NC front brake line from that site.

agerbeek, did you order brake lines from streamlinebrakes.com ? If yes, what was your selection ?

My bike is the manual version.

Good point with the 15 degree banjos.

Back