• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

bmw gs rider eyeing my nc700x

kjang

Reaction score
Visit site
I was commuting on my bike (red nc700x with dct), On my commute I pass by the local bmw motorcycle dealership. Just before hitting the highway, I had to stop for the stoplight. A bmw f700gs came along side of me and the rider was really eyeing my nc out. He just kept on looking at it. Light turn green and I let him go first. He stalled out.... I guess he let the clutch out a little too quick (I heard him say "Oh Sh*t"). I twisted on my throttle and vroom i went. Leaving him at the light....

I often get other bikers eyeing my bike. I had one guy also pulled to me and asked me what size is the bike. I said "700" and he said thats the perfect size.

also a ducati strata came up to me and was eyeing my bike too. It must be either the RED or the style of the bike ?

Ken

I've pulled up beside Harleys and really looked them over. The rider is likely pleased that I'm admiring his pride and joy. Truth is, I'm staring in disbelief that the thing could shake that much and that people put up with it! All the staring and eyeing may not be what you think.

Last edited:
I was commuting on my bike (red nc700x with dct). I often get other bikers eyeing my bike. I had one guy also pulled to me and asked me what size is the bike. I said "700" and he said thats the perfect size.

I got that a couple of weeks ago with a guy riding a Ducati Monster. I caught up to him at a at light and we chatted for a bid. We did this for several lights. On one of them, I made it obvious that I was not working a clutch or shifting. At the next light I said to him, "Bet you're wondering how I did that without working a clutch and shifting." He replied with "Yeah". I then explained that this bike as a Dual Clutch Transmission (DCT) it has 2 fully automatic models and a Manual Mode that uses Paddle Shift Buttons on the left control pod. His reply was, "It's about time they came out with something like that." We rode a bit more and then we went our separate ways.

I think that “NaNCy” left an lasting impression on him.

I was commuting on my bike (red nc700x with dct), On my commute I pass by the local bmw motorcycle dealership. Just before hitting the highway, I had to stop for the stoplight. A bmw f700gs came along side of me and the rider was really eyeing my nc out. He just kept on looking at it. Light turn green and I let him go first. He stalled out.... I guess he let the clutch out a little too quick (I heard him say "Oh Sh*t"). I twisted on my throttle and vroom i went. Leaving him at the light....

I often get other bikers eyeing my bike. I had one guy also pulled to me and asked me what size is the bike. I said "700" and he said thats the perfect size.

also a ducati strata came up to me and was eyeing my bike too. It must be either the RED or the style of the bike ?

Ken

The 2 bikes are quite similar in overall appearance, especially if they are the same color. here is my NCXD and my buddy's F700GS.
I think both are quite beautiful and pretty close in functionality too.

Attachments

• IMG_0287.jpg
    IMG_0287.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 547
  • IMG_0296.jpg
    IMG_0296.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 395
The 2 bikes are quite similar in overall appearance, especially if they are the same color. here is my NCXD and my buddy's F700GS.
I think both are quite beautiful and pretty close in functionality too.

BerndM, I see that you were up at Newcomb's Ranch. I go there too from time to time. I was up there several months ago and I got to see 3 NC700X and one rode past while I was there with my buddy. Wrightwood Ride 5/31/14.

Attachments

• IMG_2758.jpg
    IMG_2758.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 465
  • IMG_2753.jpg
    IMG_2753.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 404
well... here goes... NC700x is what you buy when you can't afford something with a shaft drive...
in my case that was true, anyway.... turned out the NC has other features to help make up for that...

seems like the shaft drive should have been a $1000 option... kind of like DCT.

Don't get me wrong... i'm just sayin'.... I'm coming up on 50, 000 miles... so I'm enjoying the ride.

I met a brand new F700GS (when it was just launched) with 2 people on it. They took one look at my NCX, smiled wryly and took off, doing their best to get away from me, although I could easily keep up with them on the twisties. The owner must have been fuming mad.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I ride with Beemer guys when I ride with others. They all love my Red DCT. I keep up with them just fine when passing and in the twisty roads. I also get 70 mpg to their 45. I caught a motorcycle cop giving me the eye as we passed each other a while back, my thoughts were that he liked my ride and hadn't seen one before. I'm going to the BMW rally next year in Billings Montana with said GSA guys and will proudly display my Honda wings.

This could very well be me. I own a F800GS and will be selling my 1200GSA soon to get a Red DCT. I'll keep the F8 for the more off road rides and use the NC for longer trips.

TBTH, owning and riding a BMW is more than just because it is a good engineered machine. Most people buy BMW because it is a BMW.

:confused: Thats true with many brands. Most people buy Harleys because they're Harley's. Many people buy Hondas because they're Hondas.

I'm not going to argue whether a BMW is a "good (sic) engineered machine", but they have their share of equipment failures.

The NC700/750 in Red is a pretty bike with all the black contrast. That is the draw.

I've been waiting in hopes the 750 makes it to the US in 2015. If not, I'm getting the (700) DCT in Red
with Repsol Orange wheel stripes, aluminum adventure saddlebags, etc. Will be selling Rover, CRF250L. :)

TBTH, owning and riding a BMW is more than just because it is a good engineered machine. Most people buy BMW because it is a BMW.

I had 3 BMW motorcycles (F 650 GS / R 1200 GS / R 1200 RT) before the NCXD and I totally agree with your comment, especially the last part.
Interestingly enough though, most people that SELL their BMW's do so BECAUSE it IS a BMW.
Go figure. :rolleyes:

Back