• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Blacking out screen names

bigjeff

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Why do people (well - you know who you are) adjust their settings so others cannot view their screen name without clicking on their profile. I mean - what is the point of doing that. It is hard to track who is saying what.

????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Why do people (well - you know who you are) adjust their settings so others cannot view their screen name without clicking on their profile. I mean - what is the point of doing that. It is hard to track who is saying what.

I think it's something on your end, not anyone else doing anything...

I had answered what I thought you meant by "blacking out" in some other thread, thinking you meant why are some members names in black coloured font instead of blue, but I see you mean actually "blanked" out, as in invisible; not showing up at all?

Huh! Have never seen or heard of this happening before, and I for sure don't see anyone's name here different at all.

Which members names are missing for you? Do you have your settings using a different colour than normal or default forum settings? Like a black background instead of white, etc.? Viewing on a phone?

No-one is "doing" this to you. When someone buys the elite membership, their name shows up hardcoded in black. If you are using the default style, it shows up fine. It was not considered when hard-coding the color that in some display styles the background is also black, so it does not show up. The simple fix is to go to "settings" and change back to the default style. It is a mistake, an oversight, but it has an easy work-around.

The "Classic Gray Fluid" option in the settings, makes the black font names disappear, lol

I actually kinda like that choice for the background! :eek: (without the MIA names, though :()

No he's right I have changed it and it does blacken out names on my iPad.

That's what we just said...

Change from default view, and this occurs. No one is changing their names to not show up, the names are not showing up because he changed his way of looking at the forum.

Back