• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Bike won’t change gear

Got my bike back today. Rode it home minus all the bodywork ran flawlessly, even changed gear. I hope you are sat down the full bill was £2165 and they only charged 50% of the labour. I only paid £3500 for the bike two years ago. Oh well can’t take it with you.

Got my bike back today. Rode it home minus all the bodywork ran flawlessly, even changed gear. I hope you are sat down the full bill was £2165 and they only charged 50% of the labour. I only paid £3500 for the bike two years ago.
Ouch. I'm sorry to hear that, but glad you're up and going again.

Got my bike back today. Rode it home minus all the bodywork ran flawlessly, even changed gear. I hope you are sat down the full bill was £2165 and they only charged 50% of the labour. I only paid £3500 for the bike two years ago. Oh well can’t take it with you.

Good night. More than 1/2 the value of the bike. Going to have to ride it a few years to get your moneys worth out of it.

........This happened on my 2016 as I had it in gear on the center stand while lubing the chain........................................
Now i don't want to be a kill~joy but this is exactly how i lost the tip of my thumb on my 18th birthday. rag got caught in rear cog and instinctively tried to pull it out (i lost the fight). Hey ho, whatever doesn't kill you etc, etc, but i still have flashbacks to my silly mistake 43 years ago, and could not see this without hinting there are safer practices available.
Regards,
bb

Now i don't want to be a kill~joy but this is exactly how i lost the tip of my thumb on my 18th birthday. rag got caught in rear cog and instinctively tried to pull it out (i lost the fight). Hey ho, whatever doesn't kill you etc, etc, but i still have flashbacks to my silly mistake 43 years ago, and could not see this without hinting there are safer practices available.
Regards,
bb
Thanks for the reminder post……..

This has been discussed many times prior. Most do not realize the dangers……even turning the wheel/chain by hand can have devastating consequences in the matter of a few seconds. Mine was minor finger nail loss when I was age 16 working at the Yamaha Dealer. Pinched by the chain turning by hand

Regards,
bb
I lost a leg crashing into a guardrail, I'm not afraid of rotating chain/sprocket assemblies. LOL

Aside from many years' experience working on things and being very aware of situational dangers, there isn't the first thing that's dangerous about spraying chain lube onto a chain as it rotates. No way in hell I'd clean it with a shop rag while it was rotating under engine power though!

Back