• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Between the NCX 700 and the NCX 750 ....

In my test, I imagined a new model, based on NCX.

Moreover, the base of this motorcycle seems to me completely adapted to the development of a traveler version. It would be enough to ask to the motoristes engineers of Honda to pull 10 horses more from this engine , replace the very practical trunk by the second 10 liter tank for an exemplary autonomy, settle absorber shocks with bigger clearances, a 21 inches front wheel , spoked wheels, a high exhaust pipe, aluminum protection of the engine, different colors.

Just my opinion but adding those characteristics would give you a $9,000 motorcycle and defeats the purpose of what Honda was trying to do with the NC. If think they intentionally wanted to keep it cheap. When you go cheap you sacrifice things. Plus I think the frunk is a major plus. I don't use it for much but I love having it there. I think Honda was trying to provide a very economical bike that would be good for commuters and I think they nailed it.

Mine is only used for commuting. If I had five bikes in my stable and I was making a trip into downtown Little Rock I'd be ridding the NC every time. And I love my CBR's.

Seems the Honda Crossrunner or Crosstourer would be something you'd be more interested in. They have more power, better suspension, and a large fuel capacity.

At the same time it is always fun to dream about what could be changed on something you already own to make it better.

Just my opinion but adding those characteristics would give you a $9,000 motorcycle and defeats the purpose of what Honda was trying to do with the NC. If think they intentionally wanted to keep it cheap. When you go cheap you sacrifice things. Plus I think the frunk is a major plus. I don't use it for much but I love having it there. I think Honda was trying to provide a very economical bike that would be good for commuters and I think they nailed it.

Mine is only used for commuting. If I had five bikes in my stable and I was making a trip into downtown Little Rock I'd be ridding the NC every time. And I love my CBR's.

Seems the Honda Crossrunner or Crosstourer would be something you'd be more interested in. They have more power, better suspension, and a large fuel capacity.

At the same time it is always fun to dream about what could be changed on something you already own to make it better.

I know Honda wanted to keep the NCX cheap.

My wish would be that the Honda adds a NCX more traveler. BMW did it with the 700 and 800 GS. So, we would have a motorcycle with capacities for the off road and the great journeys.

It was the same, 25 years ago, with the Transalp and the Africa Twin.

I know Honda wanted to keep the NCX cheap.

My wish would be that the Honda adds a NCX more traveler. BMW did it with the 700 and 800 GS. So, we would have a motorcycle with capacities for the off road and the great journeys.

It was the same, 25 years ago, with the Transalp and the Africa Twin.

I agree. A 4.7 gallon tank would have been nice. Putting us at nearly 300 miles a tank.

got this off another forum...
Hi guys

I had the NC750X for a day when my bike had to go in for a service... and it's not that much different from the NC700X. Honestly, it's not worth the extra money, neither worth to trade-in. It is not a bad bike at all, just not that much better.

It does feel a bit more responsive, on the highway a little smoother, and the stock exhaust sounds a bit different from my stock exhaust.

The display changed a bit, shows the gear you are in, instantaneous and average fuel consumption, and then the rest we are used to.

On fuel consumption, I took the bike for a 50km ride. It averaged at around 3.7l/100km, which included some suburb riding and about 25km of highway. On the highway it was between 3.1 and 4.4, depending on the gradient of the highway.

In the end, if I didn't have a NC700X already, I would have gone for the NC750X, but that won't happen. The manual retails for around R75 000, guess the DCT will go for around +-R85 000.

Hope this answers some of the questions!!

And here's another version from someone who's actually owned both machines:-

The new 750X DCT is at 350 miles after two days of riding in pretty atrocious condition this weekend, and already the memories of how the 700X felt are beginning to fade. So I thought I'd better get some preliminary findings down on paper.

The punchline is that the 750 engine is better than the 700, and on paper the differences may be minor but in reality it's a giant leap forwards. This bike is now just like a normal bike minus the top end. In fact it's better because the revs it does give you are creamy smooth and perfectly fuelled and all you lack is the manic frantic top end whizz that a 4 cylinder 600 might provide. So for 99% of us for 99% of the time the 750X beats any traditional mid sized bike because it's just so smooth and linear.

At 300 miles (Honda's recommended run-in period), I was able to see how the 750 responded to a snappily opened throttle, and it was lovely. No more the embarrassing moment when you open the taps on the 700 to find there's a dangerous delay before it chugs past the caravan in front. Honda have stuffed 11% more toque into the extra 75cc and it shows. But they've also tweaked the electronics in the DCT box and it seems to be so much more responsive in just that overtake situation.

Even more amazing - Honda seemed to have achieved the impossible - as well as boosting power (or the semblance of it), they have boosted economy, and so far it's looking like about 5% better than the 700X DCt. I am still not achieving the stellar mpg that others are getting but on a mixed ride of country roads and motorway I have been averaging about 73 mpg where previously on the 700 I was getting 68-69.

So what else has changed. To be honest the rest of the changes are insignificant compared to this engine improvement. Yes the exhaust is more mellow, Yes the seat is less slippy, and yes the ditching of the C-ABS doesn't seem to matter.

But forget all that - if you are used to a mid range Suzuki or Kawasaki you will not now feel that the Honda NC range is not a proper motorbike.

I wouldn't expect anyone to change really John. If I had any common sense I wouldn't be changing either, but I've always wanted a red S model. This bike will be at least a 3 to 5 year machine and as my mileage is only about 3k a year that's perfect.

you know Wozza I've not found any fault with my 700 like some folks are finding.
sluggish on the off whilst over taking ,poor inconomy etc etc.
personally I think folks are expecting to much from a machine and that is all it is a machine.
it can't think like a human, as you know once a program is set it will not deviate from that.
if I'm about to over take a slower car or bike I just put it into sport mode and once passed back into drive mode,its just that simple.
to me its a surprisingly agile and fast'sh bike given it low bhp.
any bike that is capable of a 100mph is a fast bike in my book.
the frunk and good mpg is a plus for me.
just itching to get back on the bike,just waiting for better weather.
I can understand why you want to change ,you said many a times if could get a Red 'S' you would .
now you have and enjoy.
you don't live to far from me perhaps we could meet up.
do you ever go to devils bridge?
now that I've got a bike that I'm happy to travel distances we'll probably pop over into Morecambe/Blackpool too.john

Another good thing about the 750 is the valve clearance doesn't require checking until 16000 miles....:)

I'm hoping that longer interval will pan out for the 700 as well, once some data is gathered. My 700 needed so little adjustment at the 8000 mile mark that I don't plan to check it for 12,000 miles more, and hopefully expand to the 16,000 mile interval in the future.

I wonder if Honda changed anything in the valve design of the 750, or just expanded the interval based on long term experience with the 700.

By the way, I find that review in post 29 a little over dramatic:
"At 300 miles (Honda's recommended run-in period), I was able to see how the 750 responded to a snappily opened throttle, and it was lovely. No more the embarrassing moment when you open the taps on the 700 to find there's a dangerous delay before it chugs past the caravan in front. Honda have stuffed 11% more toque into the extra 75cc and it shows. But they've also tweaked the electronics in the DCT box and it seems to be so much more responsive in just that overtake situation."
Yup, with 11% more torque, all the embarrassing moments and dangerous delays have melted away.

Last edited:
Another good thing about the 750 is the valve clearance doesn't require checking until 16000 miles....:)

I wont be getting my valves checked until around 16k miles for my 700. I reckon they got good feedback from technicians regarding valve clearances at 8k and have now extended it to 16k. The 750 manual is also for the 700 and it states 16k valve check for both now.

I wont be getting my valves checked until around 16k miles for my 700. I reckon they got good feedback from technicians regarding valve clearances at 8k and have now extended it to 16k. The 750 manual is also for the 700 and it states 16k valve check for both now.
I think you're right about the feedback from the dealer's. This is probably why they've upped the mileage for a valve check on the 750.... Good news all round...:)

Back