• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Best Petrol

poyntzj

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi all
Getting my NC700XDC at the end of the month :), but what fuel are people putting in and from any particular garage ?
I ask as in the past a BMW preferred BP Ultimate, a lexus and the Saab prefer Shell's Ultima and the existing scooter - Gilera VXR Runner is so much happier on Texaco's standard

Cheers

It isn't a high performance engine so the cheapest you can find will be OK. Still if you want you can use an occasional tank of a 'premium' petrol to see if you feel any difference. Not worth using the Premium grade though.

The "BEST PETROL" is the free petrol which you have won, from a friend or a competition. :p Depending on your location and petrol quality, you need to choose wisely. Usually 95 is ok, although some riders may swear that 98 or more gives you an advantage. Take care!

Typically, the only engines that can get the full value from a high octane fuel, are ones with high compression levels. The NC isn't really a high compression motor. Spending extra money on a higher octane fuel will be money that isn't well spent.

Just my $.02 worth.

Back