Battery...differences between these two???

M

Moto-Kafe

My battery died today on my newly-acquired 2012, 10,500 mile 700X.....I assume it was the original.......5 years, not bad.
I started on ebay for a replacement. I can get a Shorai (sp?) lightweight replacement for $170 or so........have one in my vstrom 650 and boy, is it lightweight!! (it's been in the strom for a few years now....still going strong).
But I might not be going overboard on farkling this 700X out as much as I have done on my CB500X and vstrom, so I was looking at OEM battery replacements.
This "Motocross" (???) edition is $25 less than the second link below.......but I'm not sure about the cold cranking amps compared to the $131 unit.

Motocross by Yuasa 12V 11Ah Battery for Honda 700 NC700X 2017 | eBay

This is the more expensive battery, but looks more OEM......might be heavier than the Motocross unit, but I am more concerned about cold cranking amps and life longevity.

Yuasa YTZ12S Honda NC700X '12-'13 AGM High Performance Activated 12 Volt Battery | eBay

Thoughts???
Thanks........really enjoying this forum, and the 700X (even tho I have not ridden it that much yet.......my CC is getting workout tho!!!)

Last edited by a moderator:

670cc

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Mods
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
The Yuasa battery, and the Motocross by Yuasa battery are the same. The only difference is the label and the price. I use the Motocross brand.

Here's one site of many that explains it:
Yuasa YTX14-BS vs Motocross YTX14-BS -

Last edited:
M

Moto-Kafe

EXCELLENT info 670cc.........I think that link pretty much tells me which one to buy!!!
Thankyou!!!
mark444